Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

moerman liquidator replacement rubber?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

hi guys - does anyone have trouble replacing the rubbers on these channels (liquidator) - also i wondered does anyone remove the blue end clip at one end to replace the rubbers on these channels ? - i am not sure if mine is defective but sliding the rubber along the channel is really difficult. i have everything well soaked in the sink / fairy liquid but it still feels like the new rubbers are stretching when i try and pull it along the channel. really can't find anything on this on vids so thought i'd ask here - thanks in advance
I keep the blue end clips on and use fairy liquid or other detergent to lubricate. Got a new length of Razr red and replaced it in my 10inch channel, seems a tad thicker than last lot, so much so that have not used my green Unger clips to keep rubber snug...no need this time and works fine.

I am using the ettore master rubber that is quite soft - overall i am struggling to get results i want and have tried a bunch of different ways of mounting the rubber. I just always get streaks - yesterday i even took one of the rubbers that was streaking out of the liquidator channel and tried it in my unger channel - i got streak free results from the unger - i feel like the way the rubber mounts must be having some kind of bad effect on the rubber. I noticed a vid by a yank windy who also had similar results and then tried hard rubber which apparently worked really well. Overall its really frustrating to see the difference in results i get compared to what i see on several youtube channels claiming the liquidator is a great time saving tool. 

I am using the ettore master rubber that is quite soft - overall i am struggling to get results i want and have tried a bunch of different ways of mounting the rubber. I just always get streaks - yesterday i even took one of the rubbers that was streaking out of the liquidator channel and tried it in my unger channel - i got streak free results from the unger - i feel like the way the rubber mounts must be having some kind of bad effect on the rubber. I noticed a vid by a yank windy who also had similar results and then tried hard rubber which apparently worked really well. Overall its really frustrating to see the difference in results i get compared to what i see on several youtube channels claiming the liquidator is a great time saving tool. 
Try a strip of the hard liquidator rubber off cleaning spot. Much better it is

Try a strip of the hard liquidator rubber off cleaning spot. Much better it is

hey man thanks for the info - i looked but only found precut strips, do you know a way of buying by the metre ?

do you know if the liquidator strips you mentioned are just the moerman duraflex rubber cut down into strips to fit the liquidator channel ? if that is the case i will just buy the rubber by the metre and cut down myself ?

is this the correct stuff : https://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/window-cleaning-equipment/rubbers/moerman-dura-flex-hard-rubber-42-105cm

Last edited by a moderator:
hey man thanks for the info - i looked but only found precut strips, do you know a way of buying by the metre ?

do you know if the liquidator strips you mentioned are just the moerman duraflex rubber cut down into strips to fit the liquidator channel ? if that is the case i will just buy the rubber by the metre and cut down myself ?

is this the correct stuff : https://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/window-cleaning-equipment/rubbers/moerman-dura-flex-hard-rubber-42-105cm
Not sure but I think the moerman rubber on there that is the non liquidator version is exactly what you mean. Then you can cut to size

Many rubbers are different thickness whereas the one you link to was made specifically for this tool. It's a winner I promise you 

The issue you are experiencing with the Ettore rubber is because The ‘bulb’ is fractionally larger than most other rubbers and is an absolute pain to thread. Hot water and soap is essential but if you then don’t massage and stretch slightly you end up getting uneven tension along the length and this in turn creates an uneven pressure on the glass. When you have it right it has excellent glide and longevity. When you’ve got it wrong ?‍♂️ You feel like poking your eyes out with hot needles ?

The issue you are experiencing with the Ettore rubber is because The ‘bulb’ is fractionally larger than most other rubbers and is an absolute pain to thread. Hot water and soap is essential but if you then don’t massage and stretch slightly you end up getting uneven tension along the length and this in turn creates an uneven pressure on the glass. When you have it right it has excellent glide and longevity. When you’ve got it wrong ?‍♂️ You feel like poking your eyes out with hot needles ?
exactly my thoughts man - i felt like the contact edge wasn't quite straight and had uneven tension along it after i tried numerous ways of threading it - definitely frustration / impossible to work with 

Yeah see I don't do much trad like manly shops and a few inside jobs.

Are razr reds any good? 
Razr is all I use and been using the liquidators since before their release for sale.

Cut it tight to the end of the clips and perfect.

If it seems not tight enough either stick a 4mn piece of paper clip in the gap by the lump on the rubber in the end clips (look on polz n bladz youtube vids) or heat the end clip in a cup of boiling water and squeeze the round bit of clip a bit tighter with pliers and that will hold it.

Haven't used moerman rubber since the first couple of weeks using them.

I love moerman gear but even their blue rubber I was testing made specifically for the liquidator wasn't great.. definitely needs to be razr red.

Razor Red was fine when folks started raving about it in 2014 on the forums.  By 2015 it was just like this post, everyone complaining that the quality had dropped massively and with great inconsistency.  

Since then it has been nothing but up and down for the quality of Razor Red which is an issue if you do a lot of trad and all you have in reserve is poor quality product, this will just serve to frustrate you. 

In 2015 suffering the issues mentioned here whilst doing a six week builders clean Grand Central in Birmingham we decided it was simply not usable as we were having to scrim over all the faint lines left behind. 

We switched to Black Diamond which is honestly the best traditional rubber we have found to date as far as quality, use and consistency go. We use the medium grade in summer when the glass is warmer and switch to soft in winter when the glass is colder. Black Diamond also seems to wear better than Razor Red, Unger and Pulex. 

I kid you not, once you have tried Black Diamond you wont go back to other rubbers. 

Here is a link if you want to try some. It is currently on offer. 

https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/special-offer-blackdiamond-squeegee-rubber-7359-p.asp
Made in the same place as moerman rubber.. same stuff lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep the blue end clips on and use fairy liquid or other detergent to lubricate. Got a new length of Razr red and replaced it in my 10inch channel, seems a tad thicker than last lot, so much so that have not used my green Unger clips to keep rubber snug...no need this time and works fine.
I was having trouble replacing the rubber in my Liquidator, stretching was the problem. Asked at WCW and they said clip the ends off. Saw a video by Trad Man on you tube and it solved the problem. Wet the channel well and the rubber then lube the channel with washing up soap then push the rubber up don't pull. It works a treat great tip. 

Latest Posts

Back