Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Monthly Conservatory Roof Clean?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I find the opposite. I have a very large house every 6 weeks that has Activ glass, everything rinses off easily, never have to deal with stuck on bird poo or masses of pollen splats. I believe Pilks now call it Activ glass and have removed the ''self cleaning'' sales pitch from their products as it is very misleading. What I do find with these Conny roof's that have it is they hold a lot of moss in the seals which spreads out all over the glass in little black spots. If they haven't been done for a while you're likely to find a line of green algae at the bottom of the panes. As above this is never troublesome to remove.

Also @RWCleaning where the hell have you been!?!?

I find it difficult to rinse it’s almost like a rough surface and the dirt doesn’t want to slide down the roof , I think it’s a compleat waist of money , as do most of my customers after they have spent hundreds more for it to only discover that it doesn’t self clean ???

I find the opposite. I have a very large house every 6 weeks that has Activ glass, everything rinses off easily, never have to deal with stuck on bird poo or masses of pollen splats. I believe Pilks now call it Activ glass and have removed the ''self cleaning'' sales pitch from their products as it is very misleading. What I do find with these Conny roof's that have it is they hold a lot of moss in the seals which spreads out all over the glass in little black spots. If they haven't been done for a while you're likely to find a line of green algae at the bottom of the panes. As above this is never troublesome to remove.

I was stuck on a big job ...

Thanks for the advice guys ?

I'm supposed to be cleaning this house today, but it's a tiny bit torrential here so might leave it until tomorrow ?

I think I will offer a reduced price for a 'quick wash' and see what they want to do.  I wouldn't do that for normal windows, but I can see the advantage of keeping the worst off the roof.

If they want a super detailed clean then they can maybe arrange a special one-off.
It doesn't have to be a super detailed clean just a thorough clean of glazed roof panels and each beam/frame is all just as you would the windows, the one thing I don't get the grips with on a white pvc one I do is were the end caps at the bottom have gone or will go grey, I just do a thorough clean as quick as I can. 

The biggest one I do is one of the easiest and the one with a decent sized lantern roof just as easy again as they have no trees around them, the smallest one is actually the one I find a pain because it's the dirtiest because of nearby trees, it will no doubt be covered in bits and pieces and leaves within 20 minutes of me cleaning it at certain times of the year.

I would say assuming it's all Pilkingtons glass they have changed the coating in the last year or so as the newer glazed units definitely have a smoother surface making them easier to rinse.

Back