Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Most Daft Thing You've Ever Done While at Work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Left my trad gear at home many times, usually on a day of bungalows, or shop fronts. Not clamped ladders couple times, ended up with 2 dents in the bonnets once. Also left scrim on house, pole at a customer's, backpack once at mine, the list goes on! Thing we all have days like this

I have a pole with a squeegee on to remove moss from conservatory roof’s. left the pole behind the other da, realised when I got back so I dropped her a text. She says yeah, I think you left a cloth on the roof too ??

emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
bless you Scottish. You still ain’t spotted it

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Do you think he puts his clothes on a cloth line? ?

The most daft thing I've done..

Got the ladder stuck under the upstairs window sill, would not budge! Gave it a really strong pull and it came loose suddenly, I almost overbalanced backwards so quickly backpedaled and put a foot into a rabbit hole! I went over and ladder came down on me but thankfully didn't damage anything or anyone else!

Climbed up a ladder the other week after tradding on a flat roof. Couldn’t reach with the WFP.

My 6” squeegee dropped out my BOAB onto the bush growing up the wall. I thought to myself, I’ll grab it on the way down as I don’t need it.

It’s still there. Haven’t even contacted the customer yet to retrieve it! It looked like it was growing on the bush... wonder if they’ve seen it yet...

I have a small stepladder I use to climb over locked back garden gates.At one house I had to use it, cleaned the back of the house, climbed back over packed away the hose and pole. Carried on with the round. Few hours later customer calls complaining . Her neighbour saw the ladder, phoned the police thinking there is a break in. Customer travels home (1 hour drive).Safe to say I didn't charge her for that clean.[emoji849]

I have done the usual left stuff, forgot tools etc.The daftest thing I've seen is another story I could fill the page.

Watched a window cleaner recently WFP the INSIDE of an occupied  hotel entrance with lads trying to towel the ledges to stop so much water running down.

Last monday got to my first job to find my poles were still at home as I gave them a clean up on sunday

20 minutes each way to go get them

Last monday got to my first job to find my poles were still at home as I gave them a clean up on sunday

20 minutes each way to go get them

Theres absolutely nothing worse. I’ve left my battery a couple of times. Always seems to happen when your supposed to be flat out that day and have had a good early start then open the van doors. ??

Not with it one day, cleaned sash windows that were open with wfp, never cleaned open sash windows again...

The number of reminder texts i send and the volume of traffic going through my phone does beg the question of the importance of a separate work phone. i once sent a text message meant for my mrs to a customer i was doing an FSG for the following day. Thankfully it was only about a can of tuna [emoji122]

Back