Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moving a Grippa Tank system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Evening gents. I am about to upgrade one of our vans. I need to move a 500L delivery only GrippaTank system over into a new transporter. Then I have a Facelift hotbox that I'm going to get fitted. I cannot go to Grippa (nor would I if this were a possibility). I've asked ionics but they won't touch a Grippa system. They are happy to lineX the floor for me once the holes are cut ready for install but that's as much as they would do. Any suggestions on the best way to get this done?

If the grippatank system is still in a van then maybe you could take it to a local garage and ask them to transfer it i.e. at least they have the original install to look at?
I'm assuming you are not keen to do it yourself? If it's for an employee I would avoid DIY.
I seem to remember that there is a company who come out to you to install tanks but I can think what they are called.

Evening gents. I am about to upgrade one of our vans. I need to move a 500L delivery only GrippaTank system over into a new transporter. Then I have a Facelift hotbox that I'm going to get fitted. I cannot go to Grippa (nor would I if this were a possibility). I've asked ionics but they won't touch a Grippa system. They are happy to lineX the floor for me once the holes are cut ready for install but that's as much as they would do. Any suggestions on the best way to get this done?

Try an approved fitting centre for Ionic’s down here it’s a firm called Hydramaster they fit out carpet cleaning vans they are very reasonable they custom make the spreader plates for the specific vehicle and supply and fit high tensile bolts and charged me £220 . Obviously I did all the plumbing and wiring .

If the grippatank system is still in a van then maybe you could take it to a local garage and ask them to transfer it i.e. at least they have the original install to look at?
I'm assuming you are not keen to do it yourself? If it's for an employee I would avoid DIY.
I seem to remember that there is a company who come out to you to install tanks but I can think what they are called.
Thanks Ched. I’ve thought about a local garage. This is a full deinstall reinstall. I figured if it costs me slightly more id rather go to someone who makes custom changes to vans, particularly if I can get the floor done at the same time.

There’s a company in Bristol called Vehicle accessories ltd. They did a reasonable job plastic ply lining one of our vans. They come out to you and are on my list of companies to consider. They don’t work with window cleaning systems on a regular basis though.

Try an approved fitting centre for Ionic’s down here it’s a firm called Hydramaster they fit out carpet cleaning vans they are very reasonable they custom make the spreader plates for the specific vehicle and supply and fit high tensile bolts and charged me £220 . Obviously I did all the plumbing and wiring .
I couldn’t find the name of those guys. I spoke to them last year as I wanted a second hand ionic system fitted. Ionic matched their price and are closer so I went with them in the end. I believe they used to be ionic approved. They still do it now but without direct affiliation.

I also remember @Part Timer had some work done at a place in the north east that would likely be capable of helping also.

I couldn’t find the name of those guys. I spoke to them last year as I wanted a second hand ionic system fitted. Ionic matched their price and are closer so I went with them in the end. I believe they used to be ionic approved. They still do it now but without direct affiliation.

I also remember @Part Timer had some work done at a place in the north east that would likely be capable of helping also.
A bit far for you to travel

There’s a company in Bristol called Vehicle accessories ltd. They did a reasonable job plastic ply lining one of our vans. They come out to you and are on my list of companies to consider. They don’t work with window cleaning systems on a regular basis though.
I took my tank and frame to be reinstalled at a van conversion and plylining company here. I gave them the bolts and spreader plates and told them what I wanted. Instead they used self-tapping screws and some sort of glue and told me "the tanks not going anywhere".
Obviously the one in Bristol is a different company to the one I used in Dublin, but if they are skilled in lighter van installations but aren't used to window cleaning systems they may cut corners you don't want cutting.

[/QUOTE

This is the one I use

This is the one I use

Attachments

• IMG_4169.png
    IMG_4169.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 0
I took my tank and frame to be reinstalled at a van conversion and plylining company here. I gave them the bolts and spreader plates and told them what I wanted. Instead they used self-tapping screws and some sort of glue and told me "the tanks not going anywhere".
Obviously the one in Bristol is a different company to the one I used in Dublin, but if they are skilled in lighter van installations but aren't used to window cleaning systems they may cut corners you don't want cutting.
Completely agree. That's why I'm resisting going to the lads who do all the work on our vans.

I used A firm called zero DS to do my refit. They weren`t cheap but absolutely fantastic. They will come to you aswell. Not only did they transfer over the system into my van they also refurbished alot of the componants to.
I found them the other day online. Looked again today as I’m not sure Hydra master will be able to help. Unfortunately their website has gone and the google my business listing can’t be found.

I found them the other day online. Looked again today as I’m not sure Hydra master will be able to help. Unfortunately their website has gone and the google my business listing can’t be found.
They are still on ebay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283239609858 but I would only pay for something via credit card to cover yourself just in case!!!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It would seem as though the companies that do installs and line-x aren't too hot on doing this. It's going in the back of a Kombi so space is a little bit limited. Every company seems to suggest they aren't sure about reattaching the Grippa system because of components underneath.

So... secondary question. Does anyone have a ballpark figure on an ionics delivery only hot water system? I can get a refurbed one for 4.5k and I'm about to spend £400 with them anyway so may as well get the vat back on that at the same time.

It would seem as though the companies that do installs and line-x aren't too hot on doing this. It's going in the back of a Kombi so space is a little bit limited. Every company seems to suggest they aren't sure about reattaching the Grippa system because of components underneath.

So... secondary question. Does anyone have a ballpark figure on an ionics delivery only hot water system? I can get a refurbed one for 4.5k and I'm about to spend £400 with them anyway so may as well get the vat back on that at the same time.

There second hand refurbished systems are very good value for money if you can get a thermopure for that money I would grab it 👍

There second hand refurbished systems are very good value for money if you can get a thermopure for that money I would grab it 👍
I've come a cropper with this. Ionics won't install that in the back of my van. It's a 2024 LWB transporter Kombi. They say that in general the T6.1 is a difficult van to work with as they only install into a crossbar (that could be the wrong word) with this in mind the Thermopure won't fit at all and a coldwater system would essentially be at the back door.

I've come a cropper with this. Ionics won't install that in the back of my van. It's a 2024 LWB transporter Kombi. They say that in general the T6.1 is a difficult van to work with as they only install into a crossbar (that could be the wrong word) with this in mind the Thermopure won't fit at all and a coldwater system would essentially be at the back door.

They do a system called the pottager that’s removable it’s on a skid system that I think was designed to go in combi vans for work then be taken out at weekends ? Might be worth an ask ?

They do a system called the pottager that’s removable it’s on a skid system that I think was designed to go in combi vans for work then be taken out at weekends ? Might be worth an ask ?
I was on the blower to Patrick for quite a while. He didn’t seem too hot on the idea of working on a transporter to be honest. I’m in for some service bits on Wednesday so I’ll ask them then.

Against my better judgment I’m also considering contacting the window cleaning warehouse. I wouldn’t mind a compact system (I’d see if I could persuade them to refit the Grippa system first though). I’ve got a mint condition facelift hot water system they could plumb in at the same time too.

Worst case the Grippa systems never come up for sale and fetch top dollar. Maybe it’s just time to cut ties with my favourite company 😂

I was on the blower to Patrick for quite a while. He didn’t seem too hot on the idea of working on a transporter to be honest. I’m in for some service bits on Wednesday so I’ll ask them then.

Against my better judgment I’m also considering contacting the window cleaning warehouse. I wouldn’t mind a compact system (I’d see if I could persuade them to refit the Grippa system first though). I’ve got a mint condition facelift hot water system they could plumb in at the same time too.

Worst case the Grippa systems never come up for sale and fetch top dollar. Maybe it’s just time to cut ties with my favourite company 😂
A friend of mine has a 6.1 transporter 2023 and Ionic’s fitted a 400 ltr delivery system in that but it’s a normal panel van not a combi, the tanks is near the bulk head Also fitting a syringe a combi ime guessing all the weight will be over the back axle as well ?

Back