Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My top three irritations are......

WCF

Help Support WCF:

1. By far is the weather ???

2. Things in your way. Stored along paths or under windows. 

3. Not getting paid ???
I have one that has turned the side of the house into a make shift shed that I have to get through with bikes and mowers etc.... And to top it off I have to move at least 3 wheelie bins in front of the door, ????

I have one that has turned the side of the house into a make shift shed that I have to get through with bikes and mowers etc.... And to top it off I have to move at least 3 wheelie bins in front of the door, ????
Work out what you need to charge per minute, time how long it takes now, and re-quote it. 

I am happy to work round these things if they're paying for my time. Its when you give them a fixed monthly price, and slowly obstacles appear that adds time to the job your not charging them for its agrivating.

I have one that started locking the gate last year. (We paid to get a copy of the key cut), now they have a jacuzzi with a gazebo over it, then tea lights trailing from the guttering across the rest of the patio.

They're next price increase will reflect the additional time, problem solved. You wonder what they think your going to do, when they stick sheds, trampolines with netting etc right in front of windows.

I'd be telling them to have the bins moved as you are there to clean windows not move permanent obstacles, if they ain't moved drag them out and leave them, I won't put stuff back how I found it if it's ongoing issue 

@laddergarder has it spot on, you need to charge for the extra aggro.

I don't move anything in the way. If I can't get access to any part of the window or door it doesn't get done.
Bang on - you move stuff, your at risk of smashing things so I don’t bother . I’ll move little things that aren’t usually there but jobs where permanent obstructions then the corner of the window or half the sill just doesn’t get cleaned 

Work out what you need to charge per minute, time how long it takes now, and re-quote it. 

I am happy to work round these things if they're paying for my time. Its when you give them a fixed monthly price, and slowly obstacles appear that adds time to the job your not charging them for its agrivating.

I have one that started locking the gate last year. (We paid to get a copy of the key cut), now they have a jacuzzi with a gazebo over it, then tea lights trailing from the guttering across the rest of the patio.

They're next price increase will reflect the additional time, problem solved. You wonder what they think your going to do, when they stick sheds, trampolines with netting etc right in front of windows.
Oh they definitely pay accordingly... Just dead annoying, ?????

I'd be telling them to have the bins moved as you are there to clean windows not move permanent obstacles, if they ain't moved drag them out and leave them, I won't put stuff back how I found it if it's ongoing issue 

@laddergarder has it spot on, you need to charge for the extra aggro.
I normally pride myself in shut gates etc and leaving things how I find them but I stopped putting the bins back a while ago, they pay well and also recommend me so they aren't bad customers, just a little idiosyncrasie that annoys ??

I've already done my three but can I have a bonus one?

Sellotape on the windows! They've had some kind of celebration and stuck banners up but when it's time to take them down they just rip them off and leave all the tape stuck to the frames! I'm surprised people with that level of motivation are able to get out of bed in the morning.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I normally pride myself in shut gates etc and leaving things how I find them but I stopped putting the bins back a while ago, they pay well and also recommend me so they aren't bad customers, just a little idiosyncrasie that annoys ??
I used to but not so much anymore, of course I shut gates nothing worse than a gate clashing continually, there is the odd windy that leaves the gates banging whilst they clean the back windows 

I've already done my three but can I have a bonus one?

Sellotape on the windows! They've had some kind of celebration and stuck banners up but when it's time to take them down they just rip them off and leave all the tape stuck to the frames! I'm surprised people with that level of motivation are able to get out of bed in the morning.. 
Yep! Another thing I don't make more than a token effort to remove.
If they're that stupid and thoughtless for the window cleaner. They can remove it themselves or live with it.?

Latest Posts

Back