Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New boy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JustLiam

hi guys, I have a back pack and only started last week. I have two potential new customers. But they want me to wash traditional, which I am happy to do. With funds being low, what’s the best cheap washer sleeve and squeegee? Also, I will probably use the pole as I don’t and can’t afford a ladder yet. Many thanks

My advice. Don't. Ether do a windows or two for free to show them just how good a job it does or say you will come back if they are not happy. If money is tight there really is no point. When I converted a round we bought from trad to pole we had many customers who said that didn't want pole. Most where converted and signing the praises of the pole.

But to answer your question. There are several places you can get trad gear from. Soap national is just one example.

You also need to get a bucket on a belt. Some cloths for cils and a scrim preferably more than one. When you get one even if it come prewashed you need to soak it for a week or so.

Some people use microfiber cloths but I never found them as effective as a good traditional scrim.

I know it's hard at the beginning but don't offer trad if you can help it. Customers wanting to dictate what tools you use might not be great customers. Would they tell an electrician not to use an electric drill or a carpenter to use a hand saw not a circular saw?
If a customer has had a bad experience with 'wfp' it wasn't the poles fault it was the operator!!

Cleaning trad is a skill and takes time to get to grips with, then you throw in trad on a pole, that's even more of a skill. If you do them trad in the months to come you will regret it after you get used to wfp.

As said above give them a demo of wfp, on a downstairs window, show the frame and sill getting a good scrub. Then say you will come back in 10 mins (quicker in the heat) and both have a look to see how good a job wfp has done!

Trad still has it's place, i.e. it is great for indoors!

I Picked up a customer today in my new area, adamant he wanted Trad after a bad experience with WFP, I explained it was the operator not the tools, offered him a price and the option to part ways no hard feelings if he wasn't happy. Long story short he left a 5 star review saying his windows and frames had never been so clean! this has happened a lot before, it's not worth giving into them wanting trad if you can stand behind your work with WFP.

Back