Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New custy wants a 12 weekly clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If the customer is always right and can dictate their own cleaning frequency at will then we would all be screwed. Firstly when they say they want a 12 weekly clean, to me it means 'Im not fully committed to having regular cleans and Im a bit of a tight wad so I'll see you 4 times a year'. Now imagine if it got around that you accept 12 weekly cleans at will and your customers all started telling each other and then all wanted to change to 12 weekly. Your schedule would be fcuked - no 2 ways around it.
Our business is maintained by regular customers do pay to keep their windows clean through out the year. In fact Green, I learnt an important phrase from one of your posts and that is 'Maintenance cleans'. The customer pays for maintenance cleans over the course of a year.

Again not everyone will agree with me, but as another poster on this thread commented - he simply got rid of his 12 weeklys and I share the same view as I think its a bit of a cop out
12 weekly is fine with me but they will not save money no matter how they try ive been doing this too long they will pay a higher end fee for this its simple lol theres only one winner in terms of money and it has to be us the business man!!

thats true but some still forget i txt all the time now and again they forget so 50% it is.
You're generous. if I text and it's locked the front gets done and the full bill goes in. They only forget once

If the customer is always right and can dictate their own cleaning frequency at will then we would all be screwed. Firstly when they say they want a 12 weekly clean, to me it means 'Im not fully committed to having regular cleans and Im a bit of a tight wad so I'll see you 4 times a year'. Now imagine if it got around that you accept 12 weekly cleans at will and your customers all started telling each other and then all wanted to change to 12 weekly. Your schedule would be fcuked - no 2 ways around it.
See now we disagree. It's my house... you can tell me what you offer but if tht does not work for me then I have the right to refuse / ask you for something different / go else where.

I don't see that you have a right to get the hump with me cause I dont want what you offer.

That's comparable to going to Tescos and the lad offering you oranges and you saying no but taking apples amd him giving you stick for it.

12 weekly is fine with me but they will not save money no matter how they try ive been doing this too long they will pay a higher end fee for this its simple lol theres only one winner in terms of money and it has to be us the business man!!
Bang on.

And with regards to my maintanance cleans post nothing says how often a maintanance clean must be.

I do maintanance for some schools and thats only 3 times a year.

if a custy of mine says i wanna go to 12 weekly id say nah i offer 4 or 8 week only. but i can charge you a one off price each time i do them.

I only have 2 who are 12 weekly, i never offer it but its better than nowt for now. Bit annoying but the most important thing is they are reliable and they pay

only 12 weekly i have are carehomes and i have to drive 35 miles to do those, so not to bothered.

if a custy says i wanna go onto 12 weekly ill say no sorry find someone else. Remember you dont need messers and there are plenty of homes being built out there with tons of windows in them.

Back