Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Microbore Hose Contaminating Water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Without any doubt 000ppm is what we all want to work with. However the levels you guys are talking about 6ppm etc as long as you are using good technique and rinsing well really should be fine. 

I agree with you, however, a brand new hose should not be affecting the water quality at all.

Theres a lot more to it than not leaving marks the closer to 000 the water is the more aggressive it is at desolving dirt so the cleaning process will be slower , it’s very Intresting to see how people’s attitudes differ to water quality and what they are prepared to use to clean there customers widows with , I think this is why certain company’s are snowed under with work as so many use inferior water quality and it does make a difference to the finished job 
very true , when mr over the top , brought wfp to the market they spent 100.000s of pounds doing so , testing all water in all conditions winning many awards when it was put out on the open market and they always said it must be 0.00 

now we get a load of know it all internet people saying you can use up to 2o mmmm

I have this hose (about 14 months old) and never had a problem but I'm mates with Jason and he had all sorts of trouble.

They really shouldn't continue to sell it if they've had bad feedback, I hope your replacement is better.  Pretty poor QC in my opinion.

Order from somewhere else mate  :1f44d:

I have this hose (about 14 months old) and never had a problem but I'm mates with Jason and he had all sorts of trouble.

They really shouldn't continue to sell it if they've had bad feedback, I hope your replacement is better.  Pretty poor QC in my opinion.

Order from somewhere else mate  :1f44d:
So, they have contacted the manufacturer but refused to send out a replacement until they have decided if there is a fault. That could be the end of the week. I told him if there is a fault not to bother with a replacement, just refund me. I’ve now ordered one from Gardiner. The sales woman at Gardiner was very helpful. She even called me to confirm it had been dispatched same day, as I was worried I had missed the deadline!  

So, they have contacted the manufacturer but refused to send out a replacement until they have decided if there is a fault. That could be the end of the week. I told him if there is a fault not to bother with a replacement, just refund me. I’ve now ordered one from Gardiner. The sales woman at Gardiner was very helpful. She even called me to confirm it had been dispatched same day, as I was worried I had missed the deadline!  

Maybe this will help you

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/experts/article-5276605/ASK-TONY-TV-broke-Currys-Sony-didnt-want-know.html?mrn_rm=als1

Update on this:

Despite telling me the manufacture would take up to 24 hours to get back to them and they'd be in touch (on Monday), WCW have still to call me. I'll call them tomorrow to find out what is going on. Will update with another post when I do. 

Today my Gardiner microbore hose got delivered. Plugged it up to test before reeling it on and 0ppm from the word go, didn't even have to flush the thing! Can't be more pleased! So thank you, @Alex Gardiner and please pass on my thanks to your helpful team! From the sales woman (I think it was Amanda) who called me back to confirm it was dispatched the same day as I was worried; to the Customer Advisor, Cassie Hosie, who emailed to let me know the delivery had been delayed due to bad weather; and finally the fine product that has worked with no problems (at least in my initial testing), the entire process has been a lot nicer than using others.

My only issue? Well I got a Gardiner pen! However......

IMG_9895.JPGIMG_9897.JPG

:1f622:

Need to have a word with FedEx.  :1f602:

Thanks again!

Update on this:

Despite telling me the manufacture would take up to 24 hours to get back to them and they'd be in touch (on Monday), WCW have still to call me. I'll call them tomorrow to find out what is going on. Will update with another post when I do. 

Today my Gardiner microbore hose got delivered. Plugged it up to test before reeling it on and 0ppm from the word go, didn't even have to flush the thing! Can't be more pleased! So thank you, @Alex Gardiner and please pass on my thanks to your helpful team! From the sales woman (I think it was Amanda) who called me back to confirm it was dispatched the same day as I was worried; to the Customer Advisor, Cassie Hosie, who emailed to let me know the delivery had been delayed due to bad weather; and finally the fine product that has worked with no problems (at least in my initial testing), the entire process has been a lot nicer than using others.

My only issue? Well I got a Gardiner pen! However......

View attachment 12461View attachment 12463

:1f622:

Need to have a word with FedEx.  :1f602:

Thanks again!
Don't throw the refill away! :1f602:

It just goes to show you how quickly bad customer service looses a customer and how good customer service retains one.

I doubt WCW will get any business from you in the future. Just another reason why Gardiners go from strength to strength - their customer service is just the best.

Don't throw the refill away! :1f602:

It just goes to show you how quickly bad customer service looses a customer and how good customer service retains one.

I doubt WCW will get any business from you in the future. Just another reason why Gardiners go from strength to strength - their customer service is just the best.

Exactly! I will try not to use them anymore. They had kind of became my automatic go to but that won't happen again. I managed to find Univalues elsewhere so they don't even have that! 

Exactly! I will try not to use them anymore. They had kind of became my automatic go to but that won't happen again. I managed to find Univalues elsewhere so they don't even have that! 

Univalves = Exceed. Last time I purchased one there was no VAT charged from Exceed and the O Clips were free.

When the Univalve first came out Exceed ran out of stock so I bought from WCW. Not only was it more expensive, they added VAT and I had to pay for the O Clips.

Called WCW, got a different gentleman who was a lot nicer. Said the manufacture hadn't gotten back to them, so he would just refund me and arrange collection of the hose. I feel that's a decent outcome, though would like to know if they ever do figure out the problem. Anyway, can't complain, getting my money back and not so annoyed at them!

Back