Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new pole or extensions???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

Hi guys

Went to do a solar panel clean today which i didnt get chance to quote for (i did try to get round to quote but he didnt want me to...lol), long story short he was an elderly gentleman who had been messed around no end and wanted me to quote on it via google maps etc.

so i did and arranged to go round this morning only to get there and find out my pole wasnt long enough, i have a slx 35 which i thought would be fine, but the pitch of the roof was very shallow and i could have reached the first two rows but not the other two further up.

Chap was fine and he was quite taken aback that i was being truthful that i couldnt reach and apologised ( i suspect the 6 people he had round/tried to get round/asked for a quote that didnt turn up was in the same boat as me)

Anyway the question is do i get a new pole or extend my slx35, it does sag quite a bit so was also wondereing if there was any particular ones you guys prefer for around 45 degree angle opposed to windows at around 50-60 degrees.

Ta guys

Last edited by a moderator:
I avoid solar panels, wont touch em, far to delicate and was talking to an engineer that was servicing a customer of mines when i was there, and he said they need cleaning  with 0 tds water at an ideal temp and very delicately.

My simple response to people that ask is.

"Sorry, im not insured to clean solar panels"

I once sat on the ridge and cleaned solar panels. Rolled up a roof ladder to get to it and fixed my harness to the solar frame. Then i just sat there scrubbing away with my wfp connected to the outside tap, also had some degreaser with me.

I avoid solar panels, wont touch em, far to delicate and was talking to an engineer that was servicing a customer of mines when i was there, and he said they need cleaning  with 0 tds water at an ideal temp and very delicately.

My simple response to people that ask is.

"Sorry, im not insured to clean solar panels"

I once sat on the ridge and cleaned solar panels. Rolled up a roof ladder to get to it and fixed my harness to the solar frame. Then i just sat there scrubbing away with my wfp connected to the outside tap, also had some degreaser with me.
so when asked the question regarding poles, i get one wont touch solar panels and the other sits on a ridge tile like a friggin garden gnome.....er no help at all guys ????

Hi guys

Went to do a solar panel clean today which i didnt get chance to quote for (i did try to get round to quote but he didnt want me to...lol), long story short he was an elderly gentleman who had been messed around no end and wanted me to quote on it via google maps etc.

so i did and arranged to go round this morning only to get there and find out my pole wasnt long enough, i have a slx 35 which i thought would be fine, but the pitch of the roof was very shallow and i could have reached the first two rows but not the other two further up.

Chap was fine and he was quite taken aback that i was being truthful that i couldnt reach and apologised ( i suspect the 6 people he had round/tried to get round/asked for a quote that didnt turn up was in the same boat as me)

Anyway the question is do i get a new pole or extend my slx35, it does sag quite a bit so was also wondereing if there was any particular ones you guys prefer for around 45 degree angle opposed to windows at around 50-60 degrees.

Ta guys

I think you will find a six will hit the gutters as they flex a lot we use an extream 35 or an ultimate 46 for solar panels the ultimate doesn’t flex especialy if you don’t use the top section we use it with a 10 inch carbon goose neck , but you would need to clean a lot of panels to make it worth while buying any new pole . 

I think you will find a six will hit the gutters as they flex a lot we use an extream 35 or an ultimate 46 for solar panels the ultimate doesn’t flex especialy if you don’t use the top section we use it with a 10 inch carbon goose neck , but you would need to clean a lot of panels to make it worth while buying any new pole . 
Totally agree last year I did solar for one of my client Slx25 with extensions slx extensions to 44' loads of sag, this year same panels with extreme 35 plus the two slx extensions to 44' loads of difference and much easier. 

Back