Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New startup

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have thought about going electric not decided against it. I did 18 months with the bike as my only vehicle by which time my round had grown so much I was able to buy a small car and build a trolley system that fitted in the boot for jobs further afield and up steep hills! I now use a mixture of pedal power and petrol depending on the location, distance and how much water I need. I have now bought a van which I'm currently converting, but will always keep the bike as I love and my community loves it. It's very useful for jobs where it's had to get vehicle access [emoji3]

I am indeed very well known in my town and spend quite a bit of time being photographed by tourists... Especially when my boy is with me (I'm a single parent so he rides with me every weekend :) )

The trailer is a Surly Bill flat bed trailer with a diy conversion. The base trailer with hitch is not cheap, but has an impressive payload. The fully laden weight with the ladders and 2 extra water barrels is 31st so it needs to be sturdy.
2400659dfbb0e8ab8cf52f0be795afcd.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
That's impressive! What town are you working Beccy? Must take some effort to get rolling

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That's amazing beccy well done. Where are you based?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I used to work Sundays but would not start until 11 sometimes 10 but any earlier is asking for trouble because Sunday is the only day some get for a lie in.

It's a rod for your own back. 

If you only have weekends free now then just do saturdays. Have a day off otherwise you will hate life. 

If you do Sundays now when you are ready to move full time the clients will still expect it.  

Here's the kicker.......  you will get a LOT MORE 'Not this week thanks, got family round'  etc. 

They may say fine to start but deep down no one wants to be disturbed on a Sunday. 

Only issue I have about Saturday's I that I work nights into Saturday morning... Tuesday would be my main working day and Sunday as my 'back up' day just in case I wasn't able to get out on a Tuesday. If I went full-time I'd be able to cut Sunday cleans out. If the customer doesn't like the fact I don't clean on a Sunday anymore then that would be their issue anyway!

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

awsome but get a bit of signage and you phone number on it and you will get a lot more work

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back