Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new toys extreme 18 pf reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

well im blown away with my new bits of kit the extreme 18 is so lite in the hand especially with the extreme stiff sill brush ive pulled out the red bristles with pliers as i dont like them very hard wearing brush compaired to the extreme stiff new bristles , ive also been using the new pf electric reel this thing is so well made its too fast on 3 setting for me i find 2 best the spool is very lite so hardly any pressure on the bearings no issues with it so far only been using it a week though (y) :)

Why did you not go for the extreme brush instead of sill brush also what do you mean setting 3 and two on purefreedom
Electric reel ?my reel masters go upto 99

Just watched a vid on someone installing a new PF twin stack and they have not only changed the controllers to 4 speed (probably same top speed?) butthey have changed the hose swivel connectors to the budget brass hozeloc ones!!!
OK so the original ones are huge but they are well built, I used to go through the brass Hozeloc ones every few months as they started to leak!

They don't seem to have changed the images on their website as they still show the big swivels!

@tench0771 if you have the hozeloc style swivel and have space it might be worth questioning PF as the image on the website shows a decent swivel not the naff hozeloc one!

Used the extreme 18,22 and 25 plus all the extreme brushes for years wouldnโ€™t use anything else.
Iโ€™ve always been a 22 ft extreme user but thault ide try the 18 as itโ€™s a section liter if I find it to short and becoming a pain switching to 25 Iโ€™ll add the to big sections of my 22 and ditch the 18 base section but I think 18 is working out just fine ๐Ÿคž

Just watched a vid on someone installing a new PF twin stack and they have not only changed the controllers to 4 speed (probably same top speed?) butthey have changed the hose swivel connectors to the budget brass hozeloc ones!!!
OK so the original ones are huge but they are well built, I used to go through the brass Hozeloc ones every few months as they started to leak!

They don't seem to have changed the images on their website as they still show the big swivels!

@tench0771 if you have the hozeloc style swivel and have space it might be worth questioning PF as the image on the website shows a decent swivel not the naff hozeloc one!
Those cheap brass hoselock knock offs are dreadful. Not enough of a shoulder on them which reduces the amount of hose stick in and they don't grip the hose well enough

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    721.2 KB · Views: 3
Brush be wrecked in a couple week. Get a bumper on it to save damage funny how pf

Have started changing loads of things on reel
Iโ€™ve got too and one brand new and other very old had lite use to be fair it did go out of shape a few weeks ago so chucked it in boiling water and the brushe was back to normal again these ones are very hard wearing compared to the new stiff Bristles on the standard extreme @dazmond have you tryed this brush yet if not I think you will like it ๐Ÿ‘

There is no way that plastic hose lock fitting will last with hot water either within a couple of weeks it will be broken, they go hard and brittle .
Agree totally, the cheap thermoplastic retaining paws within the connector will warp or crack quickly with water over 50 degrees

There is no way that plastic hose lock fitting will last with hot water either within a couple of weeks it will be broken, they go hard and brittle .
Had it on month I think with new heater and it was on with gas set up before on my other manual reel never had issues with them before ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ˜‚

Back