Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new van monthly payments

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've got a fiat doblo lwb 2013, I can get everything thing in it that I need, gutter vac, backpack, 400litre upright tank against bulkhead in cage. 1.6lt, the only thing I don't like about it is the turning circle is rubbish, I've got the sx model, so has reverse sensors. Takes a ton weight. Decent on fuel. Would like a medium size van, but they are far more expensive. 

Just back from my mechanic and he was saying a litre of spray paint was £25 and now its £75. Must be to do with Brexit. If you are wanting to buy a new or nearly new van then I would do it now. He is expecting spare parts going sky high soon. It might be just a transition period but I'm not sure. Looks like insurance premiums will be heading a lot higher. fwiw

Just back from my mechanic and he was saying a litre of spray paint was £25 and now its £75. Must be to do with Brexit. If you are wanting to buy a new or nearly new van then I would do it now. He is expecting spare parts going sky high soon. It might be just a transition period but I'm not sure. Looks like insurance premiums will be heading a lot higher. fwiw
Depends on the production. Protektacote is exactly the same as usual, but vans are defo more expensive at the moment. The ones class leading with regard to payload especially.

If vat is adjusted then we can certainly expect increases in costs for a lot more products than paint and vans. 

Depends on the production. Protektacote is exactly the same as usual, but vans are defo more expensive at the moment. The ones class leading with regard to payload especially.

If vat is adjusted then we can certainly expect increases in costs for a lot more products than paint and vans. 
I have been looking at nearly new vans on VW website for 2 months now. There was always nearly 300 on the site but now it has fallen to 125. So they must be getting snapped up or delisted. Another thing the mechanic said was they are becoming more complicated and all the diagnostic needs to be done from Germany so no one can get hold of their software and fix their own German van. We will be seeing a lot more of this technology with new vans and cars in the future.

I have been looking at nearly new vans on VW website for 2 months now. There was always nearly 300 on the site but now it has fallen to 125. So they must be getting snapped up or delisted. Another thing the mechanic said was they are becoming more complicated and all the diagnostic needs to be done from Germany so no one can get hold of their software and fix their own German van. We will be seeing a lot more of this technology with new vans and cars in the future.
That's the same with tractors. I watched a programme recently where American farmers with huge and massively expensive John Deere tractors are no longer able to service them themselves like they used to because of all the software being controlled by the makers. The idea was that there would be no way for the end user to get past it. So they would have to pay huge amounts or replace.

The farmers are now buying hacked or refigured software to allow them to gain access and keep them working for years like they always used to rather than having to keep replacing them or pay extortionate amounts to the makers to keep them running.  Sometimes the machines are out of warranty but if I remember correctly, not always.

The farmers are now buying hacked or refigured software to allow them to gain access and keep them working for years like they always used to rather than having to keep replacing them or pay extortionate amounts to the makers to keep them running.  Sometimes the machines are out of warranty but if I remember correctly, not always.
Aye the mechanic was saying you can buy Chinese cloned parts but you can't programme them with any software. They run for so long and DPF clogs up. So what some folk do now is get their van fixed with the clone part and immediately trade it in or punt it up the auction. Its okay with old vans because the software is generally available. Looks like the manufacturers are fighting back to protect their investment and make them money in the long term. Getting my van a new timing belt & assembly, fan belt, water pump and a service next week. Its only done 76k miles so it looks like I will be keeping it now and probably till it dies.

Probably getting a bit too old now but I got the last of the old shape Transit Connects. Think it's 2012. Bought it 6 years ago for £10k. Long wheelbase, high top roof. Takes my 450 litre tank, gutter vac, ladders inside loaded through via the folding cage over the passenger seat (sole operator). When I collect my water I've got over 700 litres onboard, plus me, my ladders and all the rest of the stuff we carry. I quickly unload 300 litres in my barrels to drop the weight to something sensible.

It's been sweet as a nut up until now but the clutch is just starting to slip so I'll nurse it around until I've had it becomes too much of an issue and I'll treat it to a new back bumper as my reversing skills are clearly not up to scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back