Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New window cleaner basing business off bashing wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I hope you do Smurf, I would love for someone else to say something, I really don't like the way he has turned up new to the area and is slagging off other window cleaners as his entire marketing approach.

Really isn't the way to do things...

Has really wound me up to be honest.....

So hoe does this bookface thing work as I've tried to join that group to see what has been said but it just says "pending"

Oh it must be set as a private group, you will have to wait for the pages owner to let you post etc, stops the spammers.

Never mind, the admin is now removing the post, sigh.....

Hate this, he is now going on and on about how WFP scratches windows, sills and frames, I mean really?

I read most of it and was going to respond with this but never had the chance as the advert was taken down.

"Matthew Softley you certainly know how to wind fellow professional window cleaners up and mislead people with the total tosh on your website and comments here too"

That would of been perfect.

He has deleted the post now, but no doubt will post again.

Just don't know why anyone would resort to such underhanded tactics?

Oh also read about his gutter cleaning, amazing really, his entire approach seems to be to tell people that the way he does it is the best way and the way everyone else does it is completely wrong and bad.

You could always try reporting him to trading standards if you wanted as his site is how you would say misleading to say the least.

Now that would be interesting but think it would just end up in a slagging match trad v wfp again.

I may invite him to the forum, so he can explain it to us all.

You could always try reporting him to trading standards if you wanted as his site is how you would say misleading to say the least.
Misleading is a nice way of putting it lol.

Not sure I would want to go that far, I don't want to drive him out of business or make things difficult, I just don't like people lying to others like this, it just isn't fair to not only others in the business but to the customer as well.

The one thing I have learned doing this job, is that there is no one way or one solution that fits all.

You have to adapt to each job, some gutter cleans need a quick hoover and job done, some need the ladder out, bends off etc etc, I don't limit myself to one method, I still carry my trad gear in the car along side my wfp gear.

Just stupid to shoe horn yourself into one single way of doing things and slag off every other way, especially as it seems he is slagging off the most modern way of doing things now, my guess is he is short of cash or his vehicle isn't very big so he can't upgrade to a gutter hoover and WFP so decided to just slag those methods off as much as possible instead.

There are plenty of cleaners not just him that will talk to customers and post utter tosh on the internet trying to discredit others just so to sell their own services in what I would call an unprofessional manner.

Yes I could do this quite easily myself but at the end of the day ppl are not stupid and know when they are being fleeced.

Now might be a good time to copy & paste what he has sent you on here and invite him to comment as I would like to express my views too.:rolleyes:

Better scratch that idea as @Gav might ban the pair of us for in-sighting a riot on here. /emoticons/biggrin.png

His message to me was this "You silly little coward of a man I hope and prey you come to Bourton to clean as I want to meet you face to face let's see how cocky and smug you are then. I promise you this I will meet you face to face even if I have to come to you. You know I am right your just ****** off. I like the fact you don't know me or about me. I should excuse you for that but I am not going purely due to the fact your a spinless *****."

i wouldnt worry, his tactic smacks of desperation. a new lad has set up in my town recently- advertizing that he will better anybodys price , plus every 8th clean is free . i already hear on the grapevine that its not goin to plan .

Now he has calmed right down now that he realises that the town is full of my family for start, and secondly I am no little wallflower /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back