Newbie possible window man

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Rumley1993, Jun 14, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Rumley1993

Rumley1993 Newcomer

Hi guys my names George I'm from Didcot in Oxfordshire I'm 22 now and I'm looking at getting into window cleaning it been looking at trolly systems as possibly the best way to start out ? Any suggestons would be greatful not quite sure how to outright the water though some systems have it all in one or should I purify it before use as I say suggestons would help a lot hopefully il be around a lot more :)

Advertisement
  2. Spartan

Spartan Well-Known Member

Welcome George,
    There will guys on here who will advise you with all their knowledge. I'm traditional guy not WFP.
    All the best with your plans

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

3. Rumley1993

Rumley1993 Newcomer

Thanks buddy and i did think about traditional but I just though to get me up and running wfp would be best and faster so if I can get 2-3 in the same area quick and easy money

4. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Do some searching on the site mate.

I don't see any reason not to start wfp.

5. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

6. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

Hi. Even if you do go ahead wfp, you'll still need to learn to trad. Means you can do insides and other jobs where it's easier then with wfp

7. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

check out the thread in diy on homemade trolleys best job

also trad is essential some windows caNT BE DONE with wfp

8. Rosewood

Rosewood Active Member

Newbie starting out with wfp hoping for quick and easy money ! Look on the thread "going to the dark side" hope your not going to be a candidate for A.
    Imo learn to trad first. But good luck which ever way you jump.

9. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

I don't see why you need to start trad. It's not essential at all. Also I've never come across a window that can't be cleaned by wfp.

Yes it's a good skill to have for insides or back up but there's no need to spend a year doing it first like it's some sort of rite of passage.

I have trad gear and I taught myself to trad to a reasonable standard in an hour. Yiu could learn it in 10 minutes if you just used sttaight pulls. Granted to get good and fast would take a lot longer but since I only ever use it very rarely (maybe half a dozen times) it's not essential you get super quick.

I think most who have traded for any length of time and switched to wfp will say it's quicker and earns them more dough. So imo don't waste your time messing about with trad, buy the gear by all means and have a go but use it as a backup. Like it or not ladders and trad is old school there's quicker, safer ways to clean windows so embrace the technology.

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Well last year when we were awarded the builders clean on the Grand Centeal project at New Street in Birmingham every last inch of that had to be done trad, no WFP allowed on site at all.

Six weeks 9 lads 8 hour shifts 24 hours per day. That's a lot of trad.

You can start out however you kike mate. It's all personal preference and whilst WFP is a touch quicker if you are just getting going then you dont have the client base to make such a noticable difference to your day.

If I were starting fresh and had the time to spend on each job I think I would trad just to hone skills and confidence, ir's only when days are so full and you can't take more work that going WFP will show time saving benefits.

Starting trad less than £200
    Starting WFP??? Sky's the limit.

I am WFP by the way. Just offering my opinion.

Advertisement