Newbie to wfp!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Eviestevie, Jan 21, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Been to my local window cleaning warehouse today with the view of purchasing a ro and di vessel and tank after being advised this is best method

I only need to produce a small amount of pure water at the mo for some awkward windows skylights etc

My tds is 200.The guy in the shop said I would only need a decent size di vessel to produce the pure water and a ro at this stage isn't neccasary,and to go down the ro route when I have more wfp work

Will the above produce pure water

I no resin is expensive but il work the cost into the quotes

Another shop I rang said I'd need both because of the tds reading

So now totally confused

Any help and advice fi really appreciate lee

Advertisement
  2. johnny bravo

get a 300 or 400 ro, and 1 or 2 , 12 inch di vessels, you will need a bag of good resin, try one di vessel, to begin with, if not coming out at 000, attatch the 2nd di vessel onto the other one, with the ro tubing.

your looking @ £150+ for ro + di vessels, make sure you get the plastic ro vessels as the glass type can crack with the pressure. i know from experience. look on ebay and pure water products for best prices. they all do same thing, then get going.

3. johnny bravo

i got mine from www. purewaterproducts.co.uk he will guide you through it. get some extra ro tubing, comes in handy.

4. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

with a 200 ppm reading you need to get a ro system before the resin bottle

5. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

i would go for a ro mate,you'll spend a fortune in resin if you went the di route,nearly everyone new to wfp tends to think of using it just for that odd window etc,before long you'll be poling everything in sight or you should be.
    it makes sense to think of the future,that small 250l tank will be outgrown within a year so buy a s/h one so its not a big hit when you trade up,buying the best pole and brush you can afford will reap you benifits,also a good controller and pump along with a new battery to power all this will save you money in the long run,where abouts are you lee?

6. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I'm in chesterfield mate!
    Good advice I don't have a budget just want decent kit that will last and do the best job possible my customers have been traditional for 17 year so if I don't do a good job wfp then they'll switch back
    Thanks lee

7. kevinc250

if i were to start up and i knew what i know now i would chat to doug atkinson re reverse osmosis,his controllers are very very good too and can be repaired if anything goes wrong,schurflo pump as they don't break and lasts forever-and again can be repaired,poles are subjective as are brushes but money well spent in the pole dept wil be the best investment you can do,are you working from a car or van?

8. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

9. kevinc250

sorted,i have a flat 400 tank if you needed one,only the other side of leeds,tanks rarely go wrong

10. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

How much mate

Advertisement