Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Swasher

Hi everyone just recently bought a traditional round , did a little bit of tradional as a young lad so refreshing a bit .
Bad time of year to start really but it had to be .
The price list i have seems quite cheap for some big houses , what are the guide prices roughly , i dont want to hike up prices but be good to know for any future customers.
Houses seem to be taking me quite a while to do but i am still introducing myself to customers.
Any tips on new products welcome and do any of you use cold water when warm not available?
Nice to meet you all ?

Work out what hourly rate you want and out customer prices up to suit.
You will lose some. I have just started trad and people round me want trad over wfp. Trad takes more time so price right. Clean frames glass and sills everytime don't forget to ioe the doors and you will have happy customers.

Some people want trad over wfp stick to your guns, work pit price per hour and charge high. People want trad, look at using pole and fliq on maintenance cleans.

Work out what hourly rate you want and out customer prices up to suit.
You will lose some. I have just started trad and people round me want trad over wfp. Trad takes more time so price right. Clean frames glass and sills everytime don't forget to ioe the doors and you will have happy customers.
You either have an old customer base or cowboy WFP companies. Without being rude a decent WFP cleaner will do a quicker, better job where the windows will stay cleaner longer. This is not me saying it, it's my initially doubting customers.

You either have an old customer base or cowboy WFP companies. Without being rude a decent WFP cleaner will do a quicker, better job where the windows will stay cleaner longer. This is not me saying it, it's my initially doubting customers.
Some people like trad over wfp.
Yes trad is slower that's why we charge more. Trad can be as safe as wfp if you use ne tech.
Some customers like trad over wfp. It takes longer but you charge more.
Trad cab be as safe as wfp.

Yes trad is slower that's why we charge more. Trad can be as safe as wfp if you use ne tech.

I’m predominantly trad and no I’m not charging £7 a house. Not sure how you can say it’s safer than wfp though? What new tech? A moreman squeegee? I keep very busy and people keep asking me to do there windows because they had a wfp guy who has done a poor job. Does that mean trad is better? No it just means their previous window cleaner wasn’t keeping water ppm at 0 or spending enough time on the glass. I have a wfp system and use it on some jobs. I’ve recently moved and my water ppm is higher. So I’m investing in a ro system were i just use to use double di at my previous house. Wfp does leave a superior finish. You have to master them sills and sometimes there is stubborn marks which are difficult to remove or types of glass that it just doesn’t work with. But once I’m properly set up with ro system I will be switching over to wfp mostly.

Depends what the prices are and where in the country you are. Trad guys still charge £6 / £7 for 3 bed semis in the NE
There are wfpers charging that as well, I was talking to another windy the other day who me and Tim know and the lad has been going around canvassing and undercutting jobs by a lot got 3 vans as well we can't work out how he is making a decent enough turnover to cover all the business expenses charging such low prices,

He has gone into a very nice village where houses prices are at a premium and they had good prices for jobs they were both doing and this lad is undercutting by up to £10 or more on some of the big jobs

You don’t take your car to the garage and tell the mechanic how to service it , same with us we chose the best method of how to clean the customers windows , you will struggle to clean the whole window as well as WFP does , I used to feel the same as you but now from many years experience know that’s not the case , also if you employ you cannot have guys using ladders all day cleaning windows .

Back