Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Powerwash And Resand/ Seal On Lockblock And Slabs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I never use an FSC on lockblock, your machine aint powerful enough too run an FSC effectively, I always use turbo nozzle on lockblock,

Its an acrylic sealer Belfast, it makes the sand go like a silicone which allows the block to naturally contract and expand as normal and prevents weeds from growing through from underneath, used by lots off airports , councils etc, damn good swag but not cheap, Its called RESIBLOCK , google it,other acrylics are available but thyis is the best on market. The block will still get dirty but next time you powerwash there is no weeds and no sand loss , cracking stuff!!!!!!!11

is that resiblock 22 donny , i done a big drive last summer and i recommended this to the customer and he had to order it online as its not available over here ,it cost him 1200 euros just for the sealer

yep that's the stuff, quality but damn expensive, you can get cheaper sealers from Smartseal and Advanced Sealing Solutions just google either, they are good but no as good as Resiblock

We have a yard at our place.

It never gets the sun and goes green with 6 months to a year.

What could i apply that is cheap ish mate?

Thanks.

PS its just concrete laid in a slab.

if you try a farmers co op they should stock chloras , its great for getting rid of the algae , i usually mix it half water half chloras and spray the area then scrub with a deck brush and leave and let the rain wash it away

if you try a farmers co op they should stock chloras , its great for getting rid of the algae , i usually mix it half water half chloras and spray the area then scrub with a deck brush and leave and let the rain wash it away
Sorry thats me not explaining my self. We pressure washer it and it comes up lovely.

What could we seal it with? I am tempted to paint it grey thinking about it!!!

Paint will still go green,and probably peel and look shabby , seal it with Thompson Block and Paving Sealer, wont let me put a link on for some reason

£1200 for the sealer!

I done a pressure washing job the other week, and the customer wants all out the front done now.. I don't advertise for this service but it's good for a rainy day and a break from cleaning glass.

So many of my customers have had Their driveways washed and sealed, some have done a terrible job, faded after a couple of months, green patches still after sealing.. Think I should and could be doing this for all my customers instead of the travellers!!

But do travellers con ppl into thinking they have sealed it too?

I'm sure I read another post that one traveller allegedly told a customer the sealer was in the water...

£1200 for the sealer!

I done a pressure washing job the other week, and the customer wants all out the front done now.. I don't advertise for this service but it's good for a rainy day and a break from cleaning glass.

So many of my customers have had Their driveways washed and sealed, some have done a terrible job, faded after a couple of months, green patches still after sealing.. Think I should and could be doing this for all my customers instead of the travellers!
yeah 1200 because the drive is very big and resiblock 22 is contract quality and i think it comes with a 4 or 5 year gurantee

But do travellers con ppl into thinking they have sealed it too?

I'm sure I read another post that one traveller allegedly told a customer the sealer was in the water...
i remember somebody mentioned that a typical pikey scam

Thought resiblock 22 is just a sand stabaliser going by their website and not a sealer to help keep the surface clean?

yeah 1200 because the drive is very big and resiblock 22 is contract quality and i think it comes with a 4 or 5 year gurantee

i only recommended resiblock because it seems to have a big name ,the customer dealt with them directly and they recommended it and they also recommended 2 coats , i seen the finished job and to me it looks like a sealer ,but tbh i dont get involved in the sealing unless there prepared to pay for a quality product otherwise it would come back on me as im sure you seen drives where the sealer is washed of in no time

Think I might go on a resiblock course as might come in handy to be a registered contractor with them. Has anyone been on one and if so what did you think?

Hi boys , been away for a week :Image3: , Resiblock does indeed stabilise the sand but also seals the block, its quality , but damn expensive swag

Back