Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

number of houses a day is a good number??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This is an average hours work for me on my own.

Conservatory on back of 2 of them also.Screenshot_20201220-192644_Maps.jpg

2 up 2 down jobbies with no travelling would be around 5 houses

I would like to add something to this topic. 

One of the first pieces of advice I ever got on here was don't undercharge houses .....best pieces of advice ever. Don't do ten terrace houses at £5 as you will be playing a mugs game. 

There's a window cleaner round my end who dies some terrace houses and he charges £5 , yet I am  taking his  customers up and charging £8. And I know I'm still cheap and I'm wfp. These houses have 2 windows at front and 2 at back and I'm not having to drag ladders around. He hasn't turned up for 2 months as he probably thinks it's not worth it as he knackered after 15 houses and made £75 for the day. Yet using wfp I can do the same houses as him and make £120 and be done by dinner. 

The lesson on here everyone will tell you is WORK SMART. Dont be tying to win customers cheaply especially if your traditional as it just wont be good. I have now recently got to a point where I've introduced a minimum clean charge of £8 even if it's a 2 windowed bungalow. Works great. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No Paul I think that was the one where he was on the roof and his ladder blew down so he was stuck up there scratching his gonads ?

Blast from the past there Dave ?
Wasn't that one either lol.. that is the house next door on the right .

That's when I had to wait on the roof round the back for my mate Neil to come and put the ladder back up.

Good memory considering you've pickled your brain Steve?

Must be an unlucky road.. drop ladder on 1 job then drop myself next door.

Don't do ten terrace houses at £5 as you will be playing a mugs game. 
Funnily enough, my first window round which had very low prices when I took over in 2006 had had a row of 10 terraced houses but they were £4 each and it was my favourite part of all my work! I could do it all in 1 hr and earn £40 whereas most of my work was £20ph.

Don't underestimate the speed you can knock off a row of terraced! 

I'd be charging more nowadays though. 

Funnily enough, my first window round which had very low prices when I took over in 2006 had had a row of 10 terraced houses but they were £4 each and it was my favourite part of all my work! I could do it all in 1 hr and earn £40 whereas most of my work was £20ph.

Don't underestimate the speed you can knock off a row of terraced! 

I'd be charging more nowadays though. 
Knock them all out at a tenner a pop and that's 100 squid an hour.  I could easily do an 8 hour day of those lol.

I won't quote anything below £14 nowadays and still pick up work round here.. that north/south divide again.

The question ‘how many in a day?’ is simply to vague.

You could be cleaning small bungalows or enormous mansions.

I have one day where I only clean 3 houses. All massive detached, and all 3 are £80 each.

The question needs to be more specific 
sorry for confusion, was going off the fact the lad in question had just been doing a cemi 2 up 2 down with 1 window upstairs and down on the side and 2 normal windows up and down front and back plus doors.

I've been at this game for a long time now. It doesn't matter how many house's you can clean in a day, it how much you charge your customers. 

Too many newbie quote low in desperation and quit 6 month later. I don't like seeing newbie dragging window cleaning back to the dark ages.

I roughly clean 15 houses per day.

Simple answer is, how many houses get you to the amount ££ you want to earn a day on how much you charge per property. 

I've been at this game for a long time now. It doesn't matter how many house's you can clean in a day, it how much you charge your customers. 

Too many newbie quote low in desperation and quit 6 month later. I don't like seeing newbie dragging window cleaning back to the dark ages.

I roughly clean 15 houses per day.
I clean usually about 20 per day but that is working from 8.30 till dark.

First time I've stopped today for a smoke and some food.

My prices are better down south though as apart from some older customers all my prices are minimum £14 to get out the van.

Just about to do a house (2 up 2 down) for £14 and he pays me another £14 for his son's flat I just done (6 windows) before I do his.

Prices are what counts and I understand you guys north of the Watford gap have to do more to make the same money.

I clean usually about 20 per day but that is working from 8.30 till dark.

First time I've stopped today for a smoke and some food.

My prices are better down south though as apart from some older customers all my prices are minimum £14 to get out the van.

Just about to do a house (2 up 2 down) for £14 and he pays me another £14 for his son's flat I just done (6 windows) before I do his.

Prices are what counts and I understand you guys north of the Watford gap have to do more to make the same money.
Cost of living in south east and london is a lot higher. Not sure why (not youDave B) a few complain about about window cleaner can charge more down south.

Anyone else struggling to do any at the moment with this weather ? Strong winds n rain doing my head in.. 

Looks a bit better tomorrow

Cost of living in south east and london is a lot higher. Not sure why (not youDave B) a few complain about about window cleaner can charge more down south.
It's only the housing that is, we filled up with diesel at Asda near Wembley that was cheaper then Asda at Sunderland. If you can charge £15 for a 3 bed semi. £5 more than we can, on the basis of doing 80 houses a week that is £400 a week more. More than sufficient to cover the extra housing costs. Also housing, purchasing not renting, is an investment so the more you spend the more you're investing.

I must of been really fortunate where I was then, i waited till 9:30 when the rain stopped, not a drop all day until a drizzle at 3:30, I finished at 4, the tall trees around me were blowing around a lot, but ground level was ok thankfully. But on the way home was some heavy rain. Great feeling that driving home in the rain. 

Back