Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure Washers!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i wouldnt use a washer in freezing conditions, also when i use in winter i make sure to drain the water from the high pressure hose and the lance ,i store mine in the shed which is well insulated

As above , drain the pump and hoses by running the engine with no water connected for about 15 secs max, wouldnt store em outside mate, shed at very least, /emoticons/smile.png

mines goes in the garage covered with a fleece blanket and a bit of carpet same as my generator and gutter vac

id cover with a quilt and cardboard, a nightmare if you get it out again and it wont work, frost got to it. if t is new id probably bring it into house without mrs knowing, try to hide it lol

id cover with a quilt and cardboard, a nightmare if you get it out again and it wont work, frost got to it. if t is new id probably bring it into house without mrs knowing, try to hide it lol
I tried that the petrol smell gave it away she found it hidden in the stairs cupboard lol

ha ha , genpower have a forum, they have told me how to work your tap pressure to see if it is powerfull enough to feed into a high lpm pressure washer instead of using water butt all the time. the EPW4000GB at 18lpm, with gear drive pump . im starting to get to grips with many aspects of pressure washing.. once i buy one i probably wont have the money to upgrade, so need to get it right, and with 2 years waranty its peace of mind. i have a few customers from my window cleaning round once done at a price agreed it will have reduced my outlay costs and gained experience to get out there. a couple of customers have wished they did not get their paving sealed, too slippery in wet weather. looks good, but too slippery .

If you are going to be using the machine for prolonged periods of time and basing your business on pressure washing then I would suggest the EPW4000GB as this machine offers unbeatable performance and with it's unloader valve can have it's pressure reduced on the fly.

The other huge advantage it brings to the table is the geardriven pump. This pump compared to a direct drive pump runs at approx. 1500rpm as oposed to running at the 3000rpm of the direct drive pump this prolongs the life of the pump along with alowing a longer work session.

The machine can be seen here on our site and is in stock and ready to ship just click the link below

EPW4000GB

the only thing going around in my mind is feeding a pressure washer from a drum, even if i had a small van , you will still need to feed from a drum on the job. i only wish i could see one working from a drum and see how easy or awkward it could be. if you got a big long drive how would this work. even with a hosepipe filling drum up while cleaning with washer will i still have to stop and start. im going to see if any pressure wasing companys local who do this as a full time basis will share there know how with me. once i have mastered this dielema its full steam ahead. this is the only thing from stopping me from purchasing equipment. at the moment.

Yes the machine is supplied with a two piece lance, the machine will work with a water butt the EPW4000GB @ approx 18LT per minute under optimal pressure the tank will last approx 12 minutes.

With standard mains water flow at +_ 3bar this should be ample for the pressure washers operation, one thing of consideration with your household mains is your flowrate if this is low then the performace of the washer will decrese but it should still work.

We have the EPW3200 available this offers a flow rate of a little over 12LT per minute under optimal conditions therefore your tank will last approx 17.5 minutes.

i dont think i would clean my car with it. you can turn pressure down. what do you guys think of the KWP400GB, they also have a FSC as well.

If you want to check your mains flow and don't mind getting your hands cold, grab a 2l drink bottle and fill it off the tap - if the tap fills it in under 6 seconds you're good to go (2l in 6 seconds is 20l/minute - enough for the 18l/min the 4000GB drin.

What? You are starting to do my head in swas reading all your posts /emoticons/biggrin.png

my head is going to blow up. im always worried about spending large amounts of money, untill i get a return then i relax. it was the same as wfp cleaning with ro systems, water purification etc, and all wfp gear to get started, now im an expert. i know ive drooled on a lot. i apolagise to you all, but i always think negative rather than the positives. i have learned a lot thanks to you all, once again THANKS. i just want to do it right to begin with especially with the cost to set up. i hope one day i can help someone when i gain enough experience.

my head is going to blow up. im always worried about spending large amounts of money' date=' untill i get a return then i relax. it was the same as wfp cleaning with ro systems, water purification etc, and all wfp gear to get started, now im an expert. i know ive drooled on a lot. i apolagise to you all, but i always think negative rather than the positives. i have learned a lot thanks to you all, once again THANKS. i just want to do it right to begin with especially with the cost to set up. i hope one day i can help someone when i gain enough experience.[/quote']your like me you like to look at every angle and every product before you make a purchase I spend hours trawling the net when im about to buy some equipment making sure im getting the one that suits me and for the best price thers nothing wrong with that its good business

i get eye ache looking, plenty of washers out there its getting the right one for your needs. like i say its just the feeding from a drum according to the table above if the tap pressure is above your washers LPM you could get away with running from a possitive source, but you would have to test pressure first. bingo, sorted. it would be great if you could fix a booster pump on the hosepipe going into your pressure washer then there would be no need to feed from drum if a water supply on job.

I do understand where you are coming from swas but maybe would be helpful to answer these basic couple of questions first.

1. what is your intended market domestic, commercial or both?

2. what is your max budget you have available to spend on kit?

Back