Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washing over a sealed drive help needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris33

Hi guys. Pressure washed and sealed a driveway around 3 years ago with resiblock trade (water based) and wondering if by now I'll be fine just pressure washing it and resanding with no sealing again. 

Hi guys. Pressure washed and sealed a driveway around 3 years ago with resiblock trade (water based) and wondering if by now I'll be fine just pressure washing it and resanding with no sealing again. 
Your best bet is to contact the resiblock manufacturer and see what the technical characteristics of the sealant is if in doubt.

High pressure water should remove any traces of it 

Your best bet is to contact the resiblock manufacturer and see what the technical characteristics of the sealant is if in doubt.

High pressure water should remove any traces of it 
Only ever pressure washed one drive that had been sealed some came of and some didn’t looked fine when wet but as it dried looked awful ended up having to use acetone to remove it absolute nightmare, I make sure now that any jobs haven’t been sealed if they have we don’t do them , lucky the vast majority haven’t been done . 

Only ever pressure washed one drive that had been sealed some came of and some didn’t looked fine when wet but as it dried looked awful ended up having to use acetone to remove it absolute nightmare, I make sure now that any jobs haven’t been sealed if they have we don’t do them , lucky the vast majority haven’t been done . 
I'm the same. Done a couple jobs and they look awful once they've been sealed. I spend hours trying to make one driveway look better and I shouldn't have bothered. I'll either refuse or I'll tell them that I'll go over it, but anything after they can deal with.

Thanks guys. Going to go ahead and wash but the customer knows and for additional money I might have to return with sealant remover which btw resiblock have just launched or to more sealant (prices have shot right up there I notice) 

You could always just pour some water on the paving and see how quickly it drains to get an idea of what's left, if any.

Assuming it's a driveway in constant use I doubt there'll be much Trade sealer left after 3 years. I know Resiblock advised using Xylene to remove Trade and it is a PITA job following the instructions they give = apply - leave - reapply / agitate / cover - leave 8 hrs (but don't let it dry out and reapply as necessary)......not a straightforward job

You could always just pour some water on the paving and see how quickly it drains to get an idea of what's left, if any.

Assuming it's a driveway in constant use I doubt there'll be much Trade sealer left after 3 years. I know Resiblock advised using Xylene to remove Trade and it is a PITA job following the instructions they give = apply - leave - reapply / agitate / cover - leave 8 hrs (but don't let it dry out and reapply as necessary)......not a straightforward job
I only ever stripped one drive never again absolute nightmare lost a load of money on the job 

Hay buddy hope your well? I'll pm ya! That's exactly what I done and also looked for any beading affect. None.

Seems to have dried well too so happy days

I only ever stripped one drive never again absolute nightmare lost a load of money on the job 
After you mentioned your original comment I did say to the customer and he was happy for me to strip if needed so kind of covered myself there 

Back