price increase

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by tench0771, Mar 25, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

when do u guys increase ur prices ive doen it this month as the summer is on its way nce wether and people r despert to get them cleaned i was a bit nurves as i havent uped any prices for 6 years so i thauld sod it im guna up the ones that need it an im very saprized with the reachion frm people not 1 has even blinked an eyelid so its a big :thumbsup: so far :cool:

Advertisement
  2. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Yea I Am thinking of a price increase next month on the ones at the lower end how much did you increase yours by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Yes I think now is a good time really with the start of the financial year. Out of interest how much did you up them buy tech or was it just depending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i have done some at £2 that realy neaded it 1 comurshel at £5 but most at £1 i think spring is a good time to increase

5. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i dident take the mic but i frazed it like this ( hi there will b a very small price increase buy x amount this year) do u guys think that sounds ok ?:)

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Got me thinking about upping some of mine now. I know every price in my head, but if I put them up I know I'll forget to charge them the new rate :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

haha tuffers im the same just rember to change them prices on ur computer then when u print the list there there the upped prices ;):)

8. laddergarder

I put allot of mine up that summer there. Only 50p though. I lost I think 2 customers who didnt want to pay it. However most understood, and were quite happy. Some said its about time. At the end of the day the minimum wage goes up nearly every year. We will soon have to be thinking about pensions contributions for those of us who employ. The cost of everything else goes up along with it.

I often wonder, if the costs of service based business will every out way the benefits. Lets face it, you wont have someone come out to fix your toaster, you'll just replace it. If your on the minimum wage. How much is too much to pay someone to clean your windows. Is £6 for 15 minutes work too much when the person has to work an hour for that. Holidays, national insurance contributions, sick pay, pension contributions, and expenditure all has to be worked in to that £6. So its a fair price, but not really in some respects.

I hate paying £40 an hour for a mechanic to work on my van. If it needs expensive equipment or a ramp fair enough. But when its changed a light bulb, put on a new Tyre, replaced track rod ends. Err no, thats too much.

Inevitably, I think we will all do a little more of things like that in the future to save on the pennies. Maybe be better for it. So what about us windy's.

I think we are safe for now.

9. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

You raise a good few points there laddergarder.

I think we are safe for the moment. I have started putting my prices up over the last couple of months.....I like to stagger the process so that I can monitor the reaction. No objections at all, so far. There are however families on my books who I know are just scraping by, so I think I will leave their price as it is for the moment. Luckily, most of my customers are really well off (or appear to be), so a £1.00 or £2.00 price rise isnt going to hurt.

I would imagine that some people consider having their windows cleaned an absolute luxury and wouldnt dream of parting with their cash for such a service. Yet, on the other hand, some people would hate to be without a windowcleaner and will always pay for the service, whatever their income.......I have a young couple on my books who live in a tiny two bedroomed terrace. I get the impression that they are far from loaded (I could be wrong), yet she insists that I do her windows every two weeks. I think, if I was her, I would trim it to once every four weeks to save a bit of cash.

10. cheapncheerful

yep me not put up prices for a long time....mainly because of the recession.....but we are supposed to be edging out of it....well at least until the election is over when i am afraid we will all be hit down again.....i have plenty waiting but when i actually get down to putting them up i don't know...a lot i sneak up....well as said before if they ask how much? so i have stopped putting the price on my leaflet like i used to do....i am somewhat lucky with my no set cleaning time as it can be a while sometimes and people just cant remember.....however the main push on prices always comes from new work....and can't say i am really getting too much at the mo...

Advertisement