Pricing mentality...

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by Clearview Lee, Feb 5, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Clearview Lee

Clearview Lee Well-Known Member

Thought this was great, and could help people...

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. TommoTrueShineWCS

TommoTrueShineWCS Active Member

A deep thinking bloke. Much of what I beleive my self.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Keith Kalfas is a clever guy
    If you watch his vids he was destitute and didn't know where the next meal was coming from and now has a very successful business through hard graft and bullshit

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. David K

David K Forum Addict

Im a fan of Keith :D! He has been very motivational for me at times ! He had made a video about " walking away " if a job had certain Windows (old ones ) that could be a nightmare to open an possibly break at attempt to . Actually did that at a point ,and by own experienced ive tried Them a lot of times on old big houses in Our area . Today i Wont touch it ... :hehehe:

5. TommoTrueShineWCS

do you remember the title of the video, im trying to find it now....

6. David K

David K Forum Addict

No not really ! But this guy is great to learn from ! A very good motivator too ! :thumbsup:

7. TommoTrueShineWCS

I have begun watching his videos. He is a smart fella... :)

8. David K

David K Forum Addict

:thumbsup:

9. TommoTrueShineWCS

i'd gone through three months of hardship before i began to feel i was pulling in enough to support my family. damn those were hard, chugging along, with a new business, im at the point where good advice will make sure i grow in the right direction, rather than becoming a slave to any kind of mentality that is easily adopted.

still, tugging a trolley, i know im not yet doing it the easy way, but am seeing growth in my business. this growth is owed to equipment i was able to invest in and a more concentrated focus on my conduct and mentality, rather than just hoping to walk through it, ive spend countless hours researching. its something i do in my spare time. unlocking my potentials through the absorption of knowledge. i dont just do it with window cleaning, i research so many subjects of a nature, a lot of which would seem ridiculous and/or controversial to many...

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I am a great believer that knowledge is power
    I am always looking at various things on the net
    As for still tugging a trolley i have been in this game since 1991 and only last june went water fed
    A backpack and several drums in my car is what i still use but now make my own water and crack it out daily
    A van will be coming when i get back from the villa in mercia in mid august but to be honest i am thinking of staying with the backpack but making life easier by installing a tank to fill the backpack with using a bilge pump
    I personally think there are too many access issues round here to warrant the outlay for a diy system (i would make it myself rather than pay someone to do what i can competently do)
    Plus i have an interest in getting into softwash and pressure washing so space will be at a premium in the van as i will need a second tank and room for pressure washer etc
    I believe you have to be obsessed to get anywhere in this game and my wife would tell you that i live and breathe window cleaning
    If I'm not in the shed modifying tools i am working or leafletting or canvassing or on facebook or researching stuff or as my wife calls it "talking to a load of other sad window cleaners with no life on the forum" :rofl:

It is the only way to build a successful business rather than just a job that pays the bills

"This time next year Rodney"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
Advertisement