Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing structure...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm surprised to see noone suggesting 5 and 10 weekly cleans. 

I currently do 4 and 8 weekly cleans and although people are willing to pay for 4 weekly cleans, I still feel like I'm always in their pockets and feels like only a week ago since I was last there.

When I've been on holiday or had a week off I find going a week later (5 weekly) is much better. I currently only have enough work for 4 weekly cleans but eventually id like to change that to 5/10 weekly cleans. To me 4 seems a bit too soon and 8 definitely too long...

Even 6 seems a little too long but 5 for me seems the sweet spot...

Ouch, again! That's real tough on all of you trying to make a living up there. 

I wish you all the very best. 
There's money to be made but harder than some areas. At the end of the day you can still make £20-£25 an hour doing residential work if you have the time to build your round. Wouldn't like to be starting up having to earn a living from day one though. 

most of my work is 4 weekly/8 weekly but i do have some larger stand alones on 12 weekly and even a 6 monthly and the odd yearly job,ive even got some commercial on 6 weekly......

i have lots of very compact work,in fact you could say virtually ALL my work is compact as i have 300+ jobs all in a 2 mile area so very little driving about from job to job,in fact on some work i only move the van 3 times in a day.....100 yards or so....

ive certainly been guilty of charging less for very compact estate work but im still earning £40-£45 an hour on this work but they need a price rise in april next year for sure.......i wouldnt dream of charging £5 for front only if it was a stand alone but on compact work it takes literally 5 mins(sometimes less!)then im off to clean next door and the one after and the one after,etc(90+ jobs on one estate and 70+ on another)......

the days where im driving about are usually when im cleaning large detached houses at good prices so i end up earning the same (or more!) than cleaning 20+ jobs on estate work!

i doubt i would have as much work on the estates if my prices were a lot higher and i would probably still earn the same (or a bit less)but i wouldnt be working as hard as i do for the same money....

The villages are pit villages, ask @Suhrlyabout them. Why I concentrate on Commercial work 

Yeah it's tough in the pit villages. Most people are still reluctant to pay. Forget £15's for a 3 bed semi..no way unless it's maybe got a connie on the back. Average price is £5 per fortnight. The bucket bobs charge £3! No frames included with them though. So still a tenner a month @£5 but that's for two cleans. The majority of my work was fortnightly, however I'm changing that now and only taking on work monthly where you can ask for a slightly higher price. I'm finding £8 to be the sweet spot. It is what it is.

It does make me think am I missing a trick at times lol. If you had a road of a tenner a pop that you could clear in a day. Theres plenty of bucket Bob's that I'm sure do very well in my area

Yeah it's tough in the pit villages. Most people are still reluctant to pay. Forget £15's for a 3 bed semi..no way unless it's maybe got a connie on the back. Average price is £5 per fortnight. The bucket bobs charge £3! No frames included with them though. So still a tenner a month @£5 but that's for two cleans. The majority of my work was fortnightly, however I'm changing that now and only taking on work monthly where you can ask for a slightly higher price. I'm finding £8 to be the sweet spot. It is what it is.

Back