Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Professional Tank Fitting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just to add, I was originally considering just taking it to a local mechanic to drill the holes and fit it. I have the fixings and spreaders. I think It only poses a problem because of the floor lining. Do I get the floor lined and then have the tank fitted? Do I have the tank fitted and then removed and put back after the lining. Or can I find a good middle ground (That won't cost a fortune) and take it somewhere for lining and fitting. I know @Part Timer had a similar thing done but that company was in Newcastle.

I had Zero DS water fed pole systems refit my PureFreedom system into into new van, it came to around the same cost all together as having it fitted by PureFreedom, however ZeroDS come to you and fit it on your driveway which is very convenient.

They fitted the tank after Speedlining the whole floor. I think they're an Ionics approved fitter so I'd ring Ionics and ask if there is one near you.
Think it cost me circa £2k + VAT to strip the tank out of the old van, speedline the floor install the tank and build 2 stands over the wheel arches to put the electric reels on

Last edited:
I had Zero DS water fed pole systems refit my PureFreedom system into into new van, it came to around the same cost all together as having it fitted by PureFreedom, however ZeroDS come to you and fit it on your driveway which is very convenient.
Thanks mate. That may well be a good shout. I'm still stuck with the bed lining issue but later this year I'll be moving a GrippaTank system from one van to another. Let's just say, going to Grippa isn't an option. So they may be a useful contact for that. Do you really get a major benefit from having a professional company do it over a local mechanic though? Essentially they are the same but with experience of this specific thing.

They fitted the tank after Speedlining the whole floor. I think they're an Ionics approved fitter so I'd ring Ionics and ask if there is one near you.
Think it cost me circa £2k + VAT to strip the tank out of the old van, speeding the floor install the tank and build 2 stands over the wheel arches to put the electric reels on
I'm so close to ionics they would just tell me to use them. Problem is my short arms can't reach the bottom of my long pockets.

I’ve managed to acquire a 600 litre ionics system. Just about to purchase a van for it to live in. I’ll need the system installing and Speedliner or similar for the floor. Any suggestions on places to have it fitted etc would be appreciated.
Do you have a hydrometer near you ? They are approved installers for Ionic’s or at least they are down hear and only charge £180

In the end, you don't want to fall out with installers because not many going about. Having multiple vans is just a headache. I have found having a good system and a good van is all one needs to do well in this game. Unless you want to go down the commercial route and employee folk and vans to undertake the task. I'm happy to plod along for £200 for a short day. Getting shot of hard cleans and folk who take ages to pay seems to be the way forward. Kiss

Thanks mate. That may well be a good shout. I'm still stuck with the bed lining issue but later this year I'll be moving a GrippaTank system from one van to another. Let's just say, going to Grippa isn't an option. So they may be a useful contact for that. Do you really get a major benefit from having a professional company do it over a local mechanic though? Essentially they are the same but with experience of this specific thing.
Probably not in all fairness other than the expertise and advice of a professional company, the thing I liked about ZeroDS was the fact he'd fitted all the manufactures systems in a wide range of vans and knew the pros and cons of every system, van etc. He actually was able to give me a little more space in my van where he positioned the tank vs where PureFreedom had done initially. He also went the extra mile and replaced things like rectus fittings etc without even telling me, so that was a nice touch!

Probably not in all fairness other than the expertise and advice of a professional company, the thing I liked about ZeroDS was the fact he'd fitted all the manufactures systems in a wide range of vans and knew the pros and cons of every system, van etc. He actually was able to give me a little more space in my van where he positioned the tank vs where PureFreedom had done initially. He also went the extra mile and replaced things like rectus fittings etc without even telling me, so that was a nice touch!
They do sound really good. It's just the bed liner that's the problem. If I had done protectakote or something I'd be well chuffed for someone to come to me.

In the end, you don't want to fall out with installers because not many going about. Having multiple vans is just a headache. I have found having a good system and a good van is all one needs to do well in this game. Unless you want to go down the commercial route and employee folk and vans to undertake the task. I'm happy to plod along for £200 for a short day. Getting shot of hard cleans and folk who take ages to pay seems to be the way forward. Kiss
What exactly does this add to the conversion Scottish. You take every opportunity to express your opinion on how I run my business. My business and your business are not the same. You are simply not qualified to comment on my business. We've had it out about not wanting to "fall out with installers" before so n0b off with that and all. I use this forum for its intended purpose, I ask for help when I need it and I answer questions THAT I KNOW THE ANSWER TO! You use it as a personal blog and to hijack peoples posts in order to talk about yourself. Take your sarcastic little comments and go Fuuckk yourself with them pal. Have a lovely day ??

What exactly does this add to the conversion Scottish. You take every opportunity to express your opinion on how I run my business. My business and your business are not the same. You are simply not qualified to comment on my business. We've had it out about not wanting to "fall out with installers" before so n0b off with that and all. I use this forum for its intended purpose, I ask for help when I need it and I answer questions THAT I KNOW THE ANSWER TO! You use it as a personal blog and to hijack peoples posts in order to talk about yourself. Take your sarcastic little comments and go Fuuckk yourself with them pal. Have a lovely day ??
When I was starting businesses I had the same pattern as you. Getting angry that nothing was going my way and blaming everyone else. I then decided to focus on myself asking friends and family why this should be. It was then that they told me the truth and I had to change or my downward path would continue. Have you not noticed You are the only one on the forum going from one problem to another everyone else is doing well. The truth hurts but when one is willing to change we start to swim with the tide. Sorry to be blunt but your future could be great when the penny drops and you are willing to change. Hope this helps ?

When I was starting businesses I had the same pattern as you. Getting angry that nothing was going my way and blaming everyone else. I then decided to focus on myself asking friends and family why this should be. It was then that they told me the truth and I had to change or my downward path would continue. Have you not noticed You are the only one on the forum going from one problem to another everyone else is doing well. The truth hurts but when one is willing to change we start to swim with the tide. Sorry to be blunt but your future could be great when the penny drops and you are willing to change. Hope this helps ?
I have neither the time nor the crayons to talk you through this. Anyone who knows either of us will be able to see how ridiculous that reply is.

They do sound really good. It's just the bed liner that's the problem. If I had done protectakote or something I'd be well chuffed for someone to come to me.
I believe that the coatings can be sprayed on by most car garages that deal with spraying. The prep, masking and spraying of the coatings is similar to normal spray jobs. Might be worth having a local ring round to see if anyone will do it for a reasonable price then you have more choices on system fitting.

Not sure if you've ever used protectakote before, you more than likely have but it's what I put down in the new van and I hate the stuff. Horrible putting it on and a s*** product once its on, I went with black which shows the muck!!!

Wish I'd have paid someone to do something professional now ?

Not sure if you've ever used protectakote before, you more than likely have but it's what I put down in the new van and I hate the stuff. Horrible putting it on and a s*** product once its on, I went with black which shows the muck!!!

Wish I'd have paid someone to do something professional now ?
Had Protectakote in 2 vans now, as that is all PF use. Won't be getting them to do any future van installs as Speedliner is much much better. Had it in the "new" van for nearly 2 years now and there's not a mark on it.

Latest Posts

Back