Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure freedom nano trolly

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It is very well made , and so small and easy to move about , but not cheap .    
Wouldn't worry about the battery, I've had mine two years and it's never gone flat on me, use it day in day out window cleaning, I just charge it each day but sometimes I forget and it's still fine the next day.  It's bullet proof, just be careful with the controller.  Worth getting a univalve for the pole with it as it works very well and saves having to turn the machine off when you're adjusting position.

The new trolly arrived Friday only just had the time today to unpack it and charge it up I have to say it seams it be an awesome piece of kit , only sprayed some water through it but the flow rate is excellent , we will be using it for chemical applications and softwashing , I know it’s not a chemical rated pump but at £50 for a replacement pump not to bothered if I have to replace it every year ,it will be interesting to see how long it lasts , I wouldn’t want to use a trolly for window cleaning but for those starting out think if they want a trolly this is excellent, it’s narrow , well balanced ,and easy to steer with one hand , only criticism it could do with a handle on the bottom to pick it up by to put into a vehicle as there is nothing to get hold of to assist lifting it up .

View attachment 24341
How long did the pump last using the chemicals before you had to change it??

How long did the pump last using the chemicals before you had to change it??
We have 3 nano trollys Ime guessing the oldest is about a year old , haven’t changed any pumps yet , we do flush them out after each use , they are used for hypo and virosol mainly hypo ,all have pumped many thousands of ltr through them as that’s all they are used for . I worked on the principle that the pumps cost around £50 so if I had to replace them after each softwashing job it isn’t a problem, but I have been well impressed with how long they have lasted , I know they arnt chemically rated I did ask pure freedom if they could fit chemical rated pumps to them and apparently they won’t fit on the nano as they are to big . But so far they have all been fine .

Same as the gardiner backpack pumps
Never killed one with hypo
Always flush the pump through after use and they are perfect
I just use a 50l tank in the van for softwash mix and a wfp pump and reel and never had an issue
Switch it to the pure tank and run it for 2 mins and all the hoses and fittings etc are then clean
It’s as the hypo breaks down that it ruins things as it turns to salt which is very corrosive so just flush out whatever you use and it’ll last forever
Soft washing is getting busier now so am thinking of a dosatron after the pump and then carry 50l of hypo

Same as the gardiner backpack pumps
Never killed one with hypo
Always flush the pump through after use and they are perfect
I just use a 50l tank in the van for softwash mix and a wfp pump and reel and never had an issue
Switch it to the pure tank and run it for 2 mins and all the hoses and fittings etc are then clean
It’s as the hypo breaks down that it ruins things as it turns to salt which is very corrosive so just flush out whatever you use and it’ll last forever
Soft washing is getting busier now so am thinking of a dosatron after the pump and then carry 50l of hypo
If you flush with clean water 2000 times the amount of chemical then it neutralises it, so the scientists in the fire service told us. The thing I like about softwashing is the price one can charge. PW then the customer thinks its all profit but softwashing they know the chemical is dear. I don't seem to have a problem pricing well for softwashing because I just tell them to shop around and I know not many folk up here do it.

I’m not flushing that much lol
2000x50l running down the road??
Exterior cleaning is definitely where the money is at the moment
If you flush with clean water 2000 times the amount of chemical then it neutralises it, so the scientists in the fire service told us. The thing I like about softwashing is the price one can charge. PW then the customer thinks its all profit but softwashing they know the chemical is dear. I don't seem to have a problem pricing well for softwashing because I just tell them to shop around and I know not many folk up here do it.

I always flush my trolleys through with 5 ltr of water in an old screen wash container and that’s been fine
If you have ever washed out a plastic milk container. Put a cup of water in it and shake and empty out, on the third time the water is clear, so you have only used 3 cups of water.

We have 3 nano trollys Ime guessing the oldest is about a year old , haven’t changed any pumps yet , we do flush them out after each use , they are used for hypo and virosol mainly hypo ,all have pumped many thousands of ltr through them as that’s all they are used for . I worked on the principle that the pumps cost around £50 so if I had to replace them after each softwashing job it isn’t a problem, but I have been well impressed with how long they have lasted , I know they arnt chemically rated I did ask pure freedom if they could fit chemical rated pumps to them and apparently they won’t fit on the nano as they are to big . But so far they have all been fine .
I mainly use mine for windows using pure, but I have used it a couple of times with ubik and Screwfix degreaser but wasn’t sure if I should get a back pack for the chemicals to avoid damage. I’ve always used pure water after using chemicals so it gets flushed out. Just don’t fancy forking out for a backpack.

I mainly use mine for windows using pure, but I have used it a couple of times with ubik and Screwfix degreaser but wasn’t sure if I should get a back pack for the chemicals to avoid damage. I’ve always used pure water after using chemicals so it gets flushed out. Just don’t fancy forking out for a backpack.
Ubik etc won’t cause any damage even if left in there so just give it a quick flush and it will be fine
It’s not got anything in it that will damage the seals or diaphragm

Last edited:
Ime sure it will be fine if you flush it out ours are only used for chemicals , sometimes all day for a week at a time with hundreds of ltr of hypo mixes and still going strong , it also gives a much better flow rate than a back pack

Don't understand why pay £650 when a Gardiners Backpack will cost £130 and they do the same job. Is there something I am missing about the pure freedom trolley?
I think a Gardiners backpack does 2.3 litres per min max where as I think the nano does 4.5 litres per min. Plus the nano is fully contained and built onto the trolley, so just lift out of van fill and wheel where you want. So no messing about securing a backpack onto a trolley etc.

Sometimes it's about efficiency and ease of use not about money as you can earn big time with the right kit, plus I think the nano looks more professional.

I was spraying hypo today on a patio with my Gardiners backpack. Would like a self winding hose on the nano like I have on my outside garden hose. That would make things a lot easier.

Don't understand why pay £650 when a Gardiners Backpack will cost £130 and they do the same job. Is there something I am missing about the pure freedom trolley?
The flow rate is much better with a trolly , you can change barrels quickly to a different mix or chemical,rather than having to empty a backpack but Gardiner back packs did us proud for many years they will do the job but much slower .

The flow rate is much better with a trolly , you can change barrels quickly to a different mix or chemical,rather than having to empty a backpack but Gardiner back packs did us proud for many years they will do the job but much slower .
I see. I had 3 PW jobs on today and had to spray on hypo on one of them. If I had many more then I would probably buy that thing that works with the pressure washers. Went to quote for a monthly clean tonight and its around £25 a month. I asked how much the last guy charged and she said a tenner. I said no wonder he never came back its a 600k house. ?

I see. I had 3 PW jobs on today and had to spray on hypo on one of them. If I had many more then I would probably buy that thing that works with the pressure washers. Went to quote for a monthly clean tonight and its around £25 a month. I asked how much the last guy charged and she said a tenner. I said no wonder he never came back its a 600k house. ?
Price of window cleaning isn’t based on house prices though it’s based on number of windows and how long it will take to do , if it were based on house prices I would be a millionaire ?????

I've gotta agree with @Pjj here Scottish. I think you're running on an old school way of thinking. When I used to flog driveways some of the lads would rock up and quote more because of how nice the house was. Then a professional company would come in behind us and get the job because they quoted for what it's actually worth. I've got £2million houses that I do for little more than some 4 bed detached properties. To add to that sometimes they're quicker too, once people stick on a conservatory and dormer windows, maybe a flat roof extension with a skylight, they can take some time.

I've gotta agree with @Pjj here Scottish. I think you're running on an old school way of thinking. When I used to flog driveways some of the lads would rock up and quote more because of how nice the house was. Then a professional company would come in behind us and get the job because they quoted for what it's actually worth. I've got £2million houses that I do for little more than some 4 bed detached properties. To add to that sometimes they're quicker too, once people stick on a conservatory and dormer windows, maybe a flat roof extension with a skylight, they can take some time.
It's not even an old skool way in 22 years I've never based prices on house value, I think Scottish is a bit ? just don't tell him ?

Back