Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Questions from a Potential Cleaner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Buy a decent van and look for after it, bolts and spreader plates with all the appropriate fittings for the tank size fitted by a professional is better than a fools hope and ratchet straps ?
Agree with that 100% , I kno a  handful of windys who have DIY set up ,  so I hope they don’t end up testing their systems ,  I always say if it’s life and death get the  professionals in, like instance ,   Electricity In the home , chance you could blow your little size 8 clean off ya feet so you always get a professional in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnFyMqPER3g professional fitted systems are typically crash tested such as in this video 

As @R wcs says, it does depend on the van, build quality, rust advancement, tank capacity (and weight), installer quality etc.

Not all installs will live up to the safest standard. With that said I'm certainly not saying loose barrels in the boot are any safer.

Buy a decent van and look for after it

That rules out a ford transit then lol. Those things are rusting underneath on the forecourts while brand new these days.

As for spreader plates, yes reinforcement is a good idea but again if the chassis is a weak one it's still not going to prevent much. I have to wonder if a trailer fitted tank is the ultimate answer here as you can at least then rest assured that your boot / back of van will act as a crumple zone. Also means you won't need waivers from parking depts as you can drop the trailer on the yellows and park the van elsewhere.

Latest Posts

Back