Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rain's

WCF

Help Support WCF:

£40 for cleaning the outside of gutters, fascias & soffits is way to cheap for me to even bother getting out of the van for now.

one benefit to doing gutter jobs in the rain is its easy to pull out a grass wad from the downpipe . customer asked me today could i also remove a tree growing below the downpipe grid , looked as if was dug in good like a tick -but that too pulled out easily cos it was wet

You chaps seem so hung up on how long you think it's going to take you instead of pricing up a job to do it properly like me /emoticons/tongue.png

Na na na

I price it on how long it takes cos that is how I price everything

Fair price then cos I have my hourly and daily rate

I know that an 8 hour day makes me 20 notes so when I get the last custys I need I will make 1k a week

fair to me

I'm still a young un mate..I can cope for now

Was doing 11 hour days for a bag of peanuts at the end of the month when working for "the man"

Might be great for customers but is that really fair for you as after all you could be working less hours for more reward. Not only that have more time to spend doing what you want to do during the week too.:rolleyes:

Na na naI price it on how long it takes cos that is how I price everything

Fair price then cos I have my hourly and daily rate

I know that an 8 hour day makes me 20 notes so when I get the last custys I need I will make 1k a week

fair to me

Have to start somewhere smurf

Been doing it for others for years

Now doing it for myself and seeing a big difference between what I was earning subbing windie work and doing it for myself

Gutters will keep everyone busy with the rain coming down just wear one of these [emoji23]
5772ef01c116f15deed1be53c160e6d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks the part but what happens when you want to have a pee Neil /emoticons/biggrin.png

Gutters will keep everyone busy with the rain coming down just wear one of these [emoji23]
5772ef01c116f15deed1be53c160e6d6.jpg

So what's your going rates for cutter outside cleans alone then? I price mine at 3 per metre and 4 for insides. If it's inside and out and fascias I charge 6. Thought I was on right track for this area as it seems to be about the going rate around here. Bearing in mind I use their electric for my gutter vac, otherwise if I had a generator then I'd obv charge more.

Looks the part but what happens when you want to have a pee Neil /emoticons/biggrin.png
Pee inside it, keeps you warm [emoji2]

So for instance as an example 12 liner metres total front and back job to check/clear the guttering and dowspouts. Then clean the outside of the guttering, fascia & soffit you would charge £72?

When you ask a few basic question on the phone the potential customer says it has a full length conservatory on the back and no back access from the front so you will have to drive back down the street and around the back to get to the back gate. Depends what height your van is though as the entrance to the back car park is under a coach house. The gutters must be full as they overflow and I can see weeds growing out the guttering out the back. Also I can see what looks like a tall plant grown out the downpipe but there is no way to get a ladder up there to sort it out. I've not had the fascias etc cleaned ever so look very dirty. The front is not flat but on quite a bad slope so you may have a problem using ladders. I live just outside of town about 13 miles away and its a 3 storey mid terraced house.

Would you still want to charge just £72?

My point is you just can't go on pricing jobs up on per liner metre alone as there are so many other factors to consider.:rolleyes:

By the way that was a real job I did and was a bloody nightmare to do.

So what's your going rates for cutter outside cleans alone then? I price mine at 3 per metre and 4 for insides. If it's inside and out and fascias I charge 6. Thought I was on right track for this area as it seems to be about the going rate around here. Bearing in mind I use their electric for my gutter vac, otherwise if I had a generator then I'd obv charge more.

Last edited by a moderator:
So for instance as an example 12 liner metres total front and back job to check/clear the guttering and dowspouts. Then clean the outside of the guttering, fascia & soffit you would charge £72?
When you ask a few basic question on the phone the potential customer says it has a full length conservatory on the back and no back access from the front so you will have to drive back down the street and around the back to get to the back gate. Depends what height your van is though as the entrance to the back car park is under a coach house. The gutters must be full as they overflow and I can see weeds growing out the guttering out the back. Also I can see what looks like a tall plant grown out the downpipe but there is no way to get a ladder up there to sort it out. I've not had the fascias etc cleaned ever so look very dirty. The front is not flat but on quite a bad slope so you may have a problem using ladders. I live just outside of town about 13 miles away and its a 3 storey mid terraced house.

Would you still want to charge just £72?

My point is you just can't go on pricing jobs up on per liner metre alone as there are so many other factors to consider.:rolleyes:

By the way that was a real job I did and was a bloody nightmare to do.

That was just a ball point figure, obviously I take other factors into consideration. Ie difficulty, how dirty they are. But you can tell pretty much straight away how long it will take you.

I just have a "price from" on the website and now always go and look at it and work a figure out in my head when there.

I think using customers lecky is a bit unprofessional looking! Purchase a genie and charge an extra tenner

Back