Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Recommend me some roof scraping tools..

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cloudnine

Ive been asked to do one of my customers bungalows.

Straight forward flat concrete tiles, easy access all round.

Ive done plenty of softwashing but no roof cleaning so was half tempted to give it a go.

Something that will fit on my gardiner pole would be useful..

So whats good?

Yeah.. i have seen a photo of it.. It kind of looks like it might not clean between the edge as it steps down very well?
On flat tiles it works well with a back and forward movement , then when you drop down to the next level a sideways movement cleans the edge or face of the tile , we don’t do a lot to be honest but find it works well for what we do . 

On flat tiles it works well with a back and forward movement , then when you drop down to the next level a sideways movement cleans the edge or face of the tile , we don’t do a lot to be honest but find it works well for what we do . 
Thanks..  I think i'll knock one of these up and see how it goes rather than get a few hundred quid into yet more gear 

Ive been asked to do one of my customers bungalows.

Straight forward flat concrete tiles, easy access all round.

Ive done plenty of softwashing but no roof cleaning so was half tempted to give it a go.

Something that will fit on my gardiner pole would be useful..

So whats good?
There's only one place Gutter Vacuum systems Ltd. I highly recommend getting another pole as you'll most likely snap it being a roof scraping virgin @GVS Julia Martin will happily advise you within business hours or look at their website 

Roof scrapers poles and everything exterior cleaning wise they produce and sell 

@PjjI made a scraper like yours and it snapped on the 90 degree edge in about 5 minutes.

I did quickly whip it off and cut it shorter and bolted it back on to a brush socket.

This worked fine.  

The UPVC was brand new and it seems like its way more brittle than older more plasticy upvc which is why it may have snapped..

@PjjI made a scraper like yours and it snapped on the 90 degree edge in about 5 minutes.

I did quickly whip it off and cut it shorter and bolted it back on to a brush socket.

This worked fine.  

The UPVC was brand new and it seems like its way more brittle than older more plasticy upvc which is why it may have snapped..
I used a piece of facia board and cut that down , and have done about 6 roofs with it and it’s still going strong and we are quite heavy handed ???

Latest Posts

Back