Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RecProtek game changer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have my reel and pole connected permanently with a barb to barb reducer 8mm to 6mm with ‘O’ ring connector this part is then covered with polymorph I have approx a few inches hanging out of my pole hose and use John guest connectors super light set up ?
That's a good idea. Before I got a Univalve I used to have a tap between the 2 different hoses. Once I got rid its a bit of a problem. There's another solution if you don't mind permanently attaching the hoses together. Use a barb like you have but then cover the whole thing in 6 inches of glue lined heat shrink and use a heat gun to shrink and bond it. It's seamless and flexible and you don't need to use O clips ?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good idea. Before I got a Univalve I used to have a tap between the 2 different hoses. Once I got rid its a bit of a problem. There's another solution if you don't mind permanently attaching the hoses together. Use a barb like you have but then cover the whole thing in 6 inches of glue lined heat shrink and use a heat gun to shrink and bond it. It's seamless and flexible. 
Did you see my second post I linked an old thread polymorph is cheap and lasts ages very hard wearing have use univalves since so they came out got installed on all eight poles and have three spare lol?

the polymoph is working great ATM but would considered your method if better but basically sounds the same.

I'm tubeless as well. It depends how you have it set up. If you have the main microbore reel hose plug directly into the pole bottom then you wouldn't need something like this. 

I had it set up like that for a while and while I liked the fact it was seamless from the reel to the pole (using a Univalve) it makes the pole a LOT heavier. I now have Gardiners light green ultra flexible PU tube (very good stuff) from the tubeless coupler at the base of the pole to the rectus connectors that join it to the microbore. It's that connection that is protected by this. 

The RecProtek will fit inside section 5 of a Gardiner pole so if you have a CLX18/SLX18 or longer pole with a standard length pole hose, it will pull up and fit inside if you add extensions. 
Ime guessing it would work well to join the pole hose to the microbore  on the hose reel it looks like that fitting would go through the rollers ???? And would be easier on the hands rather than sharp o rings . If you sell them on hear direct to us I will have a few can you pm me . Thanks 

Ime guessing it would work well to join the pole hose to the microbore  on the hose reel it looks like that fitting would go through the rollers ???? And would be easier on the hands rather than sharp o rings . If you sell them on hear direct to us I will have a few can you pm me . Thanks 
Not quite, at least if you've got the fairly standard black metal guide with chrome rollers. It's 30mm wide. 

I'll pm you ?

I'd better fess up, I've been working on ideas for a protector for Rectus fittings for a while now and finally during the lockdown had time to design the RecProtek (lousy name I know-but no worse than Hose Stop! ?)

It basically is a very durable custom sheath to enclose the rectus 21 fittings and o clips. It's designed to be as streamlined as possible and it works very well at preventing the hose from catching on corners etc. It's looking at the moment like it should last for years and the rectus coupler should last indefinitely as it's completely protected but it hasn't been around for years yet so time will tell. I've had a few testers including @Jango and @Mattlekim on here and a few that aren't but so far nobody's managed to break one ?

They are more pricey than I would like currently as apart from ebay and PayPal fees, tracked postage and high quality raw material, they just take so long to make! 

Once I've got more than just the current two products (these and the new version hose stop), I'm hoping to get an online shop set up which will allow me to sell them cheaper and get better equipment to make them faster. I'm working on some new products that I'm very excited about that I really think are going to be game changers but I'm keeping them close to my chest for now. 

View attachment 23073

View attachment 23074
Have you considered approaching WCW or Cleaning spot or somewhere? If they could buy them in bulk it cuts out the extortionate eBay and PayPal fees.

Check out the thread below you will see exactly what I mean 
I remember that post. That hose is still a sh1te too. Only been in regular use since September but it kinks and twists and rips. Will be on the spare reel moving forward I think.

I’m tubless so no good to me my polymorph is as ARD as nails lol ?  so will stick with that plus a fraction of the cost ? only changed my polymorph once that as due to new reel and hose. My son reel as had the polymorph on for approx two years and never change it. 
Hi Den, I'm hoseless too. Could you please link to the polymorph material that you purchased? My o-clip from my 8mm reel hose to 6mm pole hose is forever snagging!

Cheers.

Hi Den, I'm hoseless too. Could you please link to the polymorph material that you purchased? My o-clip from my 8mm reel hose to 6mm pole hose is forever snagging!

Cheers.
Photo attached Purchased on eBay ?

3D7707D1-2AAA-4A03-BEDC-35EDDC13CD00.jpeg

Have you considered approaching WCW or Cleaning spot or somewhere? If they could buy them in bulk it cuts out the extortionate eBay and PayPal fees. 
That would be great, but it would require a large initial investment to be able to get them produced in bulk. I've had some quotes and the set up costs are eye watering! It's something I'm going to have to build up slowly. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be great, but it would require a large initial investment to be able to get them produced in bulk. I've had some quotes and the set up costs are eye watering!
Have you asked any of the big 3D printing companies to quote? With the speed of their machines the costs might come down significantly?

Wow, that's a really low melting point, I  can't see on the packet, is it a thermosetting plastic or will it re-melt again?
Yes I put the old joint in hot water and re-used it again when I got my new reel with new hose had to change the ‘O’ ring lol.

Heard somewhere can’t remember where ? that adults and children obviously not the child and hot water was making plastic dolls then reheating them to make other shapes.

Wow, that's a really low melting point, I  can't see on the packet, is it a thermosetting plastic or will it re-melt again?
Just had a thought when I get hot water installed will this effect the polymorph? 

Thanks ? I've had a few very small things 3d printed before but it's not very cheap for large solid objects.
3D printing is great for small volume which I guess your invention comes under as windys are quite a limited market. Getting moulds made is megga money and probably couldn't be justified based on a guestimate of sales.

I am sure a big 3D printing company could meet your quality requirements and probably be able to produce say 100 units in batches for a decent price. If there were a windy show this year then that would have been a great selling platform. 

I wonder if there is any way to find out how many slick connects are sold each year? Might give you an idea of potential market? Then again the way they are made probably only cost pennies. That would give you an idea on if tooling costs would be worth it. Then again patent it and licence it's production.....

I can see you on Dragons Den soon.....

3D printing is great for small volume which I guess your invention comes under as windys are quite a limited market. Getting moulds made is megga money and probably couldn't be justified based on a guestimate of sales.

I am sure a big 3D printing company could meet your quality requirements and probably be able to produce say 100 units in batches for a decent price. If there were a windy show this year then that would have been a great selling platform. 

I wonder if there is any way to find out how many slick connects are sold each year? Might give you an idea of potential market? Then again the way they are made probably only cost pennies. That would give you an idea on if tooling costs would be worth it. Then again patent it and licence it's production.....

I can see you on Dragons Den soon.....
It might be worth looking into thx. I'm on it with the copyrights already, I've even got stuff that's never made it past the computer screen copyrighted now ? It's usually the first thing they ask them on Dragons Den! 

Back