Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RecProtek game changer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don't think you can beat Scottishs version. A bit of Gorrila tape around the rectus. I have not had one disconnection in the last eight months dragging the hose..

The pole hose is connected to the microbore and the pole hose then connects to the tube less set up in the pole , I don’t want microbore going up inside the poles , hope that makes sense .

View attachment 23114
Makes sense but I still don't quite get why it's a problem the microbore going up the pole, it's not like it's a diameter issue as microbore wouldn't go up first section anyway. Only thing I can think of is extra weight in microbore?

Just checked and PU pole hose is 34grams per meter and all season 6mm microbore is about 100grams per meter! So that's about 400 -500gms heavier + the extra water!!!! That explains it.....

Cheers @Pjj

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes sense but I still don't quite get why it's a problem the microbore going up the pole, it's not like it's a diameter issue as microbore wouldn't go up first section anyway. Only thing I can think of is extra weight in microbore?

Just checked and PU pole hose is 34grams per meter and all season 6mm microbore is about 100grams per meter! So that's about 400 -500gms heavier + the extra water!!!! That explains it.....

Cheers @Pjj
It makes a massive difference to the weight, for a while I had one with microbore all way to the tubeless coupler, and another with pole hose as usual. It was nice having the hose completely seamless, but switching between them was noticeably different. On 3 storey or reaching over a conservatory it's very heavy. 

It must be ridiculously heavy with minibore! 

Plus I've found it's actually quite a bit harder to judge when you've pulled enough hose around the back of a house without the visual indicator of the junction between the pole and reel hose. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheers @Pjj
When using a pole at 84 feet high the weight of microbore is huge , when using shorter poles at shallow angles it also dramatically increases the effort needed to hold the pole . Pole hose is also more flexible going into the pole microbore is stiffer and again moving the pole at angles takes more effort it’s not impossible to do but anything that makes the pole lighter and easier to use all day is well worth the effort , we use 100 meters if 6 mm microbore ,with 30 meters of pole hose attached si total of 130 meters if the microbore was going up the pole it will shorten your distance you can work at to a small degree as well , on commercial work it can make the difference to having to use a second hose reel or not , so as Tesco say “ every little helps “ ???

When using a pole at 84 feet high the weight of microbore is huge , when using shorter poles at shallow angles it also dramatically increases the effort needed to hold the pole . Pole hose is also more flexible going into the pole microbore is stiffer and again moving the pole at angles takes more effort it’s not impossible to do but anything that makes the pole lighter and easier to use all day is well worth the effort , we use 100 meters if 6 mm microbore ,with 30 meters of pole hose attached si total of 130 meters if the microbore was going up the pole it will shorten your distance you can work at to a small degree as well , on commercial work it can make the difference to having to use a second hose reel or not , so as Tesco say “ every little helps “ ???
Cheers. Logical when you think of it. Weight is the enemy. 

Since lockdown my brain is turning to mush.... 

Cheers @Pjj
I’ve done this for the last couple of years - best thing I ever did. No more pole hose twisting, kinking or leaking. 

Could you design something that clips onto your hose and then wedges under a car tyre so you can pull your hose around it? Everyones at home these days so I'm constantly having to navigate my hose around the cars 

Or is there something already out there? 

Could you design something that clips onto your hose and then wedges under a car tyre so you can pull your hose around it? Everyones at home these days so I'm constantly having to navigate my hose around the cars 

Or is there something already out there? 
There's already something 

Slip slide ebay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That's genius, if it works properly.
Those have been around for at least 12 to 15 years. I have 2 left. Not sure where I left the 3rd one. One worked fine, 2 were a bit more difficult to pull the hose around and using the third all together didn't work.

The hose also seemed to generate a fair amount of friction on the curve section, and we got small 'lumps' of melted plastic which didn't help the hose slip and slide. I cleaned it up with a flat file several times.

One worked fine around car tyres, brick corners and gate posts. Forget the round pin for securing the S&S around dogs pop on the lawn in the advert. Trust me, you will end up washing the hose and washing the S&S. This will take much longer than just picking up the dog's muck with a plastic bag in the first place. That's the voice of experience.

As I've said before, we wheel the hose reel out to the back of some houses and lay the hose down as we return to the van. We do this so many times a day I just don't see how we would work with a fixed hose reel.

I watched a wfp cleaner with a fixed reel last month. He was operating from the rear doors with his van parked on the street. He unwound a lot of hose into a pile onto the street behind his van. He pulled the hose he needed around the back of the house leaving the excess on the street. Once completed he pulled it all back into the pile and then started winding it in with the hose reel. It looked more hard work than having the reel out of the van and lined up in the direction of the hose.

I can understand it being easier with roller guides and hose going through the floor, but not the way he did it.

I've mentioned this before. One of our local cowboy competitors just pulled the hose to his van, shut the doors 'locking' the hose secure and drove up the road dragging the hose behind him. He dragged that hose to his next customer a block away. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Back