Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

rinse bar at top of brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

6 hours ago, Dan Paton said:

Try the bissell rinse bar. It only cost a few quid and about 5 minutes to fit. They work best with every other hole blocked off.

Where do you get that from 

I've said before and I will say again, for UK maintenance monthly cleans rinse bars are a waste of water,  just not needed but hey, it's your water bill so you spend it how you like!   :1f609:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GcnCPCuHEkw?feature=oembed  
[/URL]
Green I do the windows on my own house every 4 weeks, the same way as youve done on your video, I have never rinsed my own windows the way i do when im working on customers houses and they have came up bang on with no spots. Have you tried that technique on say an 8 weekly clean? Id try it myself but i only cleaned my windows yesterday so im having to wait 8 weeks to test it out

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

12 hours ago, Dan Paton said:

Try the bissell rinse bar. It only cost a few quid and about 5 minutes to fit. They work best with every other hole blocked off.

This was originally a US window cleaner, Jack Sedore’s mod and works perfectly fine on good mains pressure. I would point out however that, for above rinse to be totally controllable and effective it must be used in conjunction with a pivot fitted to the brush...the Gardiner one is the most obvious one for you guys in the UK...here’s my Tecbuk fitted with one using the normal jets.

C718CACC-6941-454C-AC1B-BF1FDCF65AFB.jpeg

I get by just fine without a pivot. The video I put up is at 80psi but I normally work at a lower pressure. Blocking every other hole off gives a lot more flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I get by just fine without a pivot. The video I put up is at 80psi but I normally work at a lower pressure. Blocking every other hole off gives a lot more flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
Yes, I too can get by just fine without a pivot but my point is that a brush with a top rinse bar works optimally, with speed and efficiency on a pivot. Been using spray bars since Willie first released his original jetsream nearly 4 years ago. Pivot combined with spraybar gives you a wide speedy coverage, easpecially on hydrophobic glass...no need to slow down or worry about dripping from top frame because I tilt, and wipe across the top in the same way you’d blade it with a squeegee...on hydrophobic glass you can scrub almost vertically giving a really effective deep rinse...and yes number of holes on bar giving effective flow is totally dependent on water pressure. 

Latest Posts

Back