RO Flush & Softener Backwash

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by MyLittleCleaningCompany, Mar 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hey chaps, I was wondering what people's thoughts are on how often you should flush your RO and if anyone has a softener installed how often they backwash it. I have a 350l tank with a HF4 4040 and softener and been told to flush the RO once a week for 15 mins and backwash the softener with regeneration salt once a week for 15 mins. Would this be sufficient if I was using a tank per day? :cool:[hr]
    Just to add as I was asked on another thread. My TDS out the tap is 275. I'm getting a reading of 25 after RO and before DI without the booster pump. With that goes down to 6. That sounds good to me, if someone can confirm this?

Advertisement
  2. James

James Guru

I back wash mine once a month, can't see why doing it every week would make a difference. But maybe someone on here knows/thinks differently.

3. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

You are in a hard water area mate and your readings are literally identical to mine (280) you should def flush RO once a week if you are filling tank daily. If you fail to do this the membrane will not last as long. In regards to the softener - mines a 30" vessel and I backwash it with a canister full of salt (8 cups) for every 1000ltrs that go through it (thats what I was told from manufacturers) ;)

I was getting TDS of 8 after RO before I had booster - now getting 1 - 2 :)

Hope this helps
    Matt

[hr]
    Using a booster normally creates the need to flush weekly mate - I was told that by pure freedom ;)

4. Nice one Matt. What set up do you have? Just wondering how I can get my readings lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

I've got an Ionic Pro 6 mate - must admit a brilliant system but not cheap - it uses all 30" vessels apart from a 40" membrane HF5. See link:

http://www.ionicsystems.com/english/pro6.html

I'm not sure about getting readings down I think it all depends in the system ;)

6. Ah that would explain it. I'm happy with the readings I'm getting. The plan was to get an ionic systems however not had the best dealings with them. Good systems though.

7. best

best Active Member

I have a 6.5litre softner and i regenerate it after every tankful.
    i run the salt through with the tap slightly open so it tricles through, this takes about an hour. been doing this for 5 years, membranes still perfect (original ones)
    My ppm remains low this way and i use very little di resin through the year.
    It works for me

8. Thanks Best, when you say tap are you referring to the mains tap or does your system have a tap on it. I simply have a salt filter to attach.
    http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/complete-water-softener-kit-with-25kg-of-salt-p-305.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[hr]
    This one should work. http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/complete-water-softener-kit-with-25kg-of-salt-p-305.html

9. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Their systems are good but their poles are dreadful - the swift is good but for half the price you can get a Gardiners that does the same.

10. I have a Grafter Plus and it is very good for the price. Until last month I'd never heard of Gardiner poles but so many people on here rave about them. Think I need to locate one and give it a go! ;)

Advertisement