Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof cleaning solution

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I thought that algae and lichen is the same weather on a vertical wall or a tiled roof? Again sorry for my ignorance but I suppose you’ll never learn if you never a ask?‍♂️ 
You will never learn if you don't ask Google what lichen & algae are? Money always comes to knowledge so get reading and you won't need to ask. ?

Most of my customers are regular jobs so they trust me when I tell them it will take months for licken  to come off a roof , it be fair we do 20 house wash downs to one roof job , most down hear dont  want to pay what it would cost 
Mine is a long term regular so will have trust in what I’m telling them. I just want to make sure what I’m telling them is correct as it’s a lot of money to part with on maybes. Roof jobs seem very popular in America but seem to becoming more popular over here. Is there different laws regarding chems over here compared to the states as I’ve seen some really cool stuff that you just can’t get over here like one restore and gutter gundge etc. 

You will never learn if you don't ask Google what lichen & algae are? Money always comes to knowledge so get reading and you won't need to ask. ?
I love google. What the hell did everyone do for instant info back in the day??‍♂️

That’s what I was thinking. Were did you get the parts for your wheeled roof sprayer? I’m loving the concept of it but £135 seems a bit much to buy one ready made from Marshall. 
I bought all the bits locally , it’s only a bit of alloy angle and threaded bar and two multi direction casters and a couple of softwashing jets off Ben Marriot 

I bought all the bits locally , it’s only a bit of alloy angle and threaded bar and two multi direction casters and a couple of softwashing jets off Ben Marriot 
Do you use a suface gripper? I’ve been looking at one that also contains  a scent mask. Again though it’s from America and unavailable in the Uk.  

Mine is a long term regular so will have trust in what I’m telling them. I just want to make sure what I’m telling them is correct as it’s a lot of money to part with on maybes. Roof jobs seem very popular in America but seem to becoming more popular over here. Is there different laws regarding chems over here compared to the states as I’ve seen some really cool stuff that you just can’t get over here like one restore and gutter gundge etc. 
I don’t profess to understand the law in America / hear but yes some chemicals in this country arnt allowed over there  I know that for certain , and Ime guessing the other way round as well . Roof cleaning is an expensive thing to do  especially if you do it by H&S regs most don’t want to pay for that and some pickeys will pressure wash a roof without any ppe or fall arrest  by just running all over the roof , the Americans are the same .i price roof cleans well and usually have the building scaffolded or scaffold tower depending what it’s like .

Do you use a suface gripper? I’ve been looking at one that also contains  a scent mask. Again though it’s from America and unavailable in the Uk.  
I think you mean a surfactant ,yes it’s not generally needed on flat surfaces but it won’t hurt to use it this is the ones we use cleaver wash is good but dearer , it dies contain a scent mask but you can still smell the hypo , cleaver scent is a very good product and you only need 300 ml per 20 ltr drum of hypo but its very expensive I think over £100 fir 5 ltr 

236B1156-C06C-4944-8447-C73EBF67CD87.jpeg

I don’t profess to understand the law in America / hear but yes some chemicals in this country arnt allowed over there  I know that for certain , and Ime guessing the other way round as well . Roof cleaning is an expensive thing to do  especially if you do it by H&S regs most don’t want to pay for that and some pickeys will pressure wash a roof without any ppe or fall arrest  by just running all over the roof , the Americans are the same .i price roof cleans well and usually have the building scaffolded or scaffold tower depending what it’s like .
Yes I’ve seen some of the methods used and I’ve done my fair share of risking life and limb and wasn’t looking to be going down that road again. Our game used to pay well based on the danger element. It seems that these days most would rather pay even more knowing that we are working safely although there are the odd few that would quite happily see us risk life and limb to get the job done cheaper. I suppose it’s easy for them when they’re not taking the risk. 

That's why I'm busy with PW roofs, decking, patios and driveways, instant results. Most customers like end of day results and puts a smile on their face when I send them the before and after photos.
What are you using to pressure wash roofs, there was a time people really went of the idea,due to water getting into roofs, is there a method for that not to happen 

Started first roof clean today with marshall pro scraper, think I've done about 1/4 of roof, started with really awkward bit first. 6 solid hours, thankfully a bungalow, but it does have at least twice as much roof than a normal house.  Quoted £300, basically to cover scraper costs, but might end up 3 days at the job, n then spray it, total muppet.

Started first roof clean today with marshall pro scraper, think I've done about 1/4 of roof, started with really awkward bit first. 6 solid hours, thankfully a bungalow, but it does have at least twice as much roof than a normal house.  Quoted £300, basically to cover scraper costs, but might end up 3 days at the job, n then spray it, total muppet.
We've all got to learn somehow, this sounds like a harsher lesson than necessary though

Oh dear very under priced , most I know have a minimum price of £600 if a bungalow £1200 upwards , it’s all a learning curve ???

Oh dear very under priced , most I know have a minimum price of £600 if a bungalow £1200 upwards , it’s all a learning curve ???
Boohoo for me, yes I feel like I've learnt my £300 ALREADY, maybe I should ask for some more,PLEASE.  I got a tin of juice of them?

That's why I'm busy with PW roofs, decking, patios and driveways, instant results. Most customers like end of day results and puts a smile on their face when I send them the before and after photos.
What are you using to pressure wash roofs, there was a time people really went of the idea,due to water getting into roofs, is there a method for that not to happen 

Boohoo for me, yes I feel like I've learnt my £300 ALREADY, maybe I should ask for some more,PLEASE.  I got a tin of juice of them?

I use my Falch nozzle but a twin turbo works well. I have a 90 degree bend on my lance so I don't even need to stand up when PW roof.

I use my Falch nozzle but a twin turbo works well. I have a 90 degree bend on my lance so I don't even need to stand up when PW roof.
Interesting going to have to look up Falch nozzle. For some reason I've been getting links to Blast away youtube videos, he was using a carbon  fibre pw pole,looks like the pressure keeps the nozzle up instead of bearing the weight

Back