Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Realistic average day rate to aim for cleaning trad

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RichieRich

Cleaning trad and doing frames and sills. What would be a realistic day rate to aim for?

I want to set myself a goal that is 100% achievable.

I know this is one or those 'depends on pricing and hours worked' etc but was hoping for answers based on personal experience.

Cheers /emoticons/smile.png

Must be great to have so much compact work some of my jobs are 20 to 30 min apart mind you I do cover whole South east north Yorkshire lol I guess I don't like being tide down to one area crazy I know

Ok Green one side or page Is one side of The window. One glass has two sides inside and outside.

One window here might have 1-4 glass.

So 200-250 side Is 400-500€ a day

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
99a275e6c6ed61e63cc1ce096d581def_thumb.jpg

This is normal 3 glass window with 6 side/page

Last edited by a moderator:
Id do it in stages. First aim for 70 a day, once you hit that consistently aim for 100, then 150 and so on im doing this so i dont have day where im earning 150+ and others where i only make 70,

It will just take time to speed up , houses close together and pricing play the major part , I reckon I'd be proper minted working over there in England with the prices lol

Ok Green one side or page Is one side of The window. One glass has two sides inside and outside.One window here might have 1-4 glass.

So 200-250 side Is 400-500€ a day

99a275e6c6ed61e63cc1ce096d581def_thumb.jpg

that has made me laugh tonight hav,int got scooby what your on about

This is normal 3 glass window with 6 side/page

if youre on your own ,trad, and you have £100 clear after expenses every working day AND are coping nicely with the load youre doing good in my opinion

I set up earlier this year mate. I'm cleaning 14-15 houses a day on my own trad and earning £120-£150 a day. My first tip would be to be confident with your pricing and don't quote in desperation. The work will come so price correctly, I work towards £25 per hour and I'm done work by 2 p.m every day. This leaves time for add ons like gutter cleaning etc. It also leaves room for missed days due to weather so I can always catch up and don't lose money.

Trad or wfp follow the same ethics to me, your running your own business so aim for what you feel is a good day rate for you, a balance betwee steady workflow and not crazy overworked.

I started out going for £100 a day doing sat as well for one off jobs, then tried to fine tune windows to £150 a day, most of my days are 5/6 hours and £150 to £200 with the odd day more, still a few less than £150 but those days generally turn in to the best days as I book one off jobs on the back of those days.

I'm sorry about my poor English skill. I have heard that The Finnish need to Polish their English.

So what would be the right word to use to explain of how many pieces of windows in or our you plan to clean? Maybe Duncs or Green please educate me.

Back