Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scottish lockdown and Boris addressing nation at 8pm....what does this mean?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As for vehicle sharing, it really depends on how much you are bothered about the other person you are travelling with, it's been guidance for months to wear a mask when travelling with others, I have lost count of the amount of people travelling in works motors that haven't been wearing masks clearly they think they are immune.

No window cleaner should be sat at home through this and not be able to pay their bills, anyone who claimed the grants may be sitting pretty with extra funds in the bank, not everyone is so lucky more so if people have kids they can't be fed and bills be paid with no money coming in as what the Gov offer some is a pittance.
This is very true about the grants.I know people in other industries that really needed financial help and got nothing.They have been unable to work for 5 or six months still paying bills but offered nothing.I also know window cleaners that have absolutely rinsed the system.They carried on working through out had an upturn in work with every one at home and yet still had all 3 grants.I know others who had 50k in bounce back loans they didn't even need.

The whole set up was open to abuse.

But yes, the answer is yes. What I have difficulty with is whether we should be. Especially for old and vulnerable customers.
Yes working is safe. Always take proper caution to protect yourself and others.

I'm assuming you just do exterior cleaning... You have very minimal chases of coming in direct contacted with any client.

I have 86 years old client she said to me the other week... We need clean windows young man  (I'm 52 lol)  its not like your coming in and sharing "sometime" with me. She had me rolling ??.

Her point and my point are just take precautions when working with the public. 

Good luck out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
But yes, the answer is yes. What I have difficulty with is whether we should be. Especially for old and vulnerable customers.
If you are working externally it's not a problem. 

If working inside then it's a case of common sense and priorities 

Contact the customer before you arrive with your method of work and routine.

Don't work in the same room as them. And you'll both have to move around the property vise versa.

Sanitise your hands and treat it like a burglary. Dont touch anything on the way into the property. Wear a face mask and shield for added protection and confidence.

Contactless payment either by bank transfer or a sumup pdq card machine through the glass on a stick

You should know all this and adjust to the current climate.

I hate having to leave tips on how to do your job 

How do you think plumbers British gas and home medical equipment suppliers work?? 

This is very true about the grants.I know people in other industries that really needed financial help and got nothing.They have been unable to work for 5 or six months still paying bills but offered nothing.I also know window cleaners that have absolutely rinsed the system.They carried on working through out had an upturn in work with every one at home and yet still had all 3 grants.I know others who had 50k in bounce back loans they didn't even need.

The whole set up was open to abuse.
I think there is a few that have milked the system for their own benefit and bought new vans etc because apparently the Gov has come good this year ?

If you are working externally it's not a problem. 

If working inside then it's a case of common sense and priorities 

Contact the customer before you arrive with your method of work and routine.

Don't work in the same room as them. And you'll both have to move around the property vise versa.

Sanitise your hands and treat it like a burglary. Dont touch anything on the way into the property. Wear a face mask and shield for added protection and confidence.

Contactless payment either by bank transfer or a sumup pdq card machine through the glass on a stick

You should know all this and adjust to the current climate.

I hate having to leave tips on how to do your job 

How do you think plumbers British gas and home medical equipment suppliers work?? 
Well put.

Be careful about reading the stupid guidance because this some of this is not actually set out in legislation!

You are allowed out freely to do as you wish - you just need a "reasonable excuse"  which is not descriptive.

Latest Posts

Back