Screew over by Thompson Local Paid Add

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Emanuel Parker, Apr 26, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Emanuel Parker

Emanuel Parker Golden Squeegee

Nice person from Thompson local called me and offered to be on the top if I paid, he said its going to be £20 and it's going to be debited monthly . I agreed , few weeks later I find I am billed £24 £4 is vat, no one told me about it, and it's a 12 month contract.
    I contacted them several times and they said I should have read the email they sent me which was in my spam box.
    What can I do? I would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

think id now start banging on that youre recommended by thompson local- milk the situation

"im highly recommended by Thompson local " "1st place by Thompsons,check me out..."

get or have made a large Thompson sticker [with added lettering "im recommended by >>>>" for van / biz cards

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Cambride Cleaner

Cambride Cleaner Cambridgeshire Cleaner

I would push back at them - even if you can negotiate extra months or extending the area that your ad covers (if appropriate). An old customer of mine was paying way over the odds with them and managed to agree increased coverage when he did his Mr Angry impression

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

1st: Dealing with any company of that size you should assume you will be billed VAT and ask the appropriate question.

2nd: Is it their fault your spam filter thought it was junk?

I like boarcity approach, get nailing the promo! 'I'm Thomson number 1!'

5. TolishAPurd

Yep, make some lemonade out of those lemons.

More importantly, next time, never ever accept something from someone that's called you. If you want advertising or anything else for that matter, go look for it yourself and pick on its merits, not because you are being pressured on the phone by some clown in a call center.

6. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

Iv cancelled both of mine Thompson and yell real name hibu. After 12 month can cancel Thompson at any time. Yell or real name hibu don't ask at end of year if you want to renew it just rolls over and soon as it starts another year your locked in for another 12 months.

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

This has been challenged in European court. They can put what they want in contract but auto renewall is now void.

If they pull that just inform them they are in breach of european legal rights and cancel payments. They will find out you are right and let it go.

8. Emanuel Parker

Emanuel Parker Golden Squeegee

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Auto renew on everything? My bike insurance is up and I phoned to renew it. They said its already been done. I re-read the letter and it said that if if don't cancel within so many days it will renew automatically. Not that bothered about it as I was going to renew anyway. They also said that they took payment from a card that has now expired.

10. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Good job we're in the eu!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Advertisement