Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Short WFP - CLX 4 or 10 or another brand?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sometimes these things happen and we just do the best we can. I hope she gets better soon. This flu is serious.

Yes very fit people are being struck down all over the place with this flu..

My wife is always well and works hard looking after the family - it's our turn to look after her now.....

with the help of online delivery for groceries etc  :1f609:

Meanwhile in the few hours between school runs I started a FSG in the rain.... Filthy never been done I reckon but smashed through a good 40% of it in 3 hours! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If she was doing downstairs only @Jagothen the clx10 would be good enough. If she has the upper body strength to do upstairs as well, then she needs an slx18 minimum.

There are a few husband and wife combos that seem to work well together - but not many. I'm afraid we didn't. So think very carefully about starting this. It may not end well.

You need to figure out how you are going to work the hose reels if she hasn't the strength to do upstairs windows. You need to allocate who is responsible for what. Be prepared for a new boss; it doesn't take them long to crown themselves that roll.

There was a shipping company that allowed their captain's wives to accompany them on the ship. But the max period was 3 weeks a year. Anything longer than that and the Captain's wife would start to influence the captain's decisions which weren't always for the good of the ship.
My wife is an awesome worker!

I wouldn't want anyone else with me, she does ups no problems. There is a lot of windows she cant clean but works a lot harder without her.

she writes out the "windows cleaned today" and answers the phone while I'm driving and i delegate some moody old men collecting to her.

She does a cracking job and possibly better than me some days.

The customers love to see her and all ask where she is when not working.

You do have to be respectful and patient, but ultimately YOU have to be the boss at work and make no mistakes about it. Take on board and value her opinions as sometimes they make great sense and I have learnt a thing or two, but you make the decisions and stand by them even when wrong.

One things for sure though, you'll never find a more loyal and trustworthy co-worker!

If she was doing downstairs only @Jagothen the clx10 would be good enough. If she has the upper body strength to do upstairs as well, then she needs an slx18 minimum.

There are a few husband and wife combos that seem to work well together - but not many. I'm afraid we didn't. So think very carefully about starting this. It may not end well.

You need to figure out how you are going to work the hose reels if she hasn't the strength to do upstairs windows. You need to allocate who is responsible for what. Be prepared for a new boss; it doesn't take them long to crown themselves that roll.

There was a shipping company that allowed their captain's wives to accompany them on the ship. But the max period was 3 weeks a year. Anything longer than that and the Captain's wife would start to influence the captain's decisions which weren't always for the good of the ship.

Hi Spruce and anyone else interested...

So far my wife has joined me 3 times in a month and it's only lasted about an hour each time before she had to go... Today she did 1hour 40 mins and I'm basically showing her what to do and she had a little go.

The thing that keep cracking me up is just like you said Spruce.

The need to go to the loo what seems every 5 mins...

Trouble is that I do country houses and cottages and can be on jobs for an hour at a time or more.

Anyone got a portaloo for camping or caravanong that they keep in the back of van???

:1f644:

Hi Spruce and anyone else interested...

So far my wife has joined me 3 times in a month and it's only lasted about an hour each time before she had to go... Today she did 1hour 40 mins and I'm basically showing her what to do and she had a little go.

The thing that keep cracking me up is just like you said Spruce.

The need to go to the loo what seems every 5 mins...

Trouble is that I do country houses and cottages and can be on jobs for an hour at a time or more.

Anyone got a portaloo for camping or caravanong that they keep in the back of van???

:1f644:
The cold weather and coffee drinking is my problem exacerbated with old age and prostate issues. Sometimes just a mental trigger is all it needs to become desperate to pee. Just thinking about what they will do if they need the loo can also be a trigger.

Us guys can just pee into a bottle, but its different with women. The other thing is that us guys can just shake it 'dry' where the women folk need half a toilet roll to pat it dry.

One of our customers has a MK1 Transit van motor home. They just use a galvanised bucket filled with sand and the toilet seat screwed onto it - pee only though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cold weather and coffee drinking is my problem exacerbated with old age and prostate issues. Sometimes just a mental trigger is all it needs to become desperate to pee. Just thinking about what they will do if they need the loo can also be a trigger.

Us guys can just pee into a bottle, but its different with women. The other thing is that us guys can just shake it 'dry' where the women folk need half a toilet roll to pat it dry.

One of our customers has a MK1 Transit van motor home. They just use a galvanised bucket filled with sand and the toilet seat screwed onto it - pee only though.

We also live in the middle of no where so it takes at least 15 mins to get to civilisation...

I might just buy her the SLX 18 for her to look at and make my life easier for the rest of the 99% of the time...

Do they say that it's best not to hold your bladder for hours on end cos that can cause probs later ?

We also live in the middle of no where so it takes at least 15 mins to get to civilisation...

I might just buy her the SLX 18 for her to look at and make my life easier for the rest of the 99% of the time...

Do they say that it's best not to hold your bladder for hours on end cos that can cause probs later ?
:1f602:   Unfortunately, I personally don't have the luxury of being able to test the validity of that statement these days.

The problem with one of those porta loos is that they take up so much floor space. Even with the swb Citroen Relay I have, floor space is at a premium. with 2 hose reels, a backpack, a 25 litre plastic drum for filling the backpack and a 650 liter upright tank.  There are pockets of floor space but not enough for a porta loo.

There are emergency bottles that can be purchased with especially designed spouts for ladies use so you might check those out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BESTIM-INCUK-Portable-Emergency-Plastic/dp/B0787551FJ

They aren't expensive.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
:1f602:   Unfortunately, I personally don't have the luxury of being able to test the validity of that statement these days.

The problem with one of those porta loos is that they take up so much floor space. Even with the swb Citroen Relay I have, floor space is at a premium. with 2 hose reels, a backpack, a 25 litre plastic drum for filling the backpack and a 650 liter upright tank.  There are pockets of floor space but not enough for a porta loo.

There are emergency bottles that can be purchased with especially designed spouts for ladies use so you might check those out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BESTIM-INCUK-Portable-Emergency-Plastic/dp/B0787551FJ

They aren't expensive.

Thanks spruce I'll explore that angle.

?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest Posts

Back