Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Should I be concerned?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Your striving to build a business but your focusing to much energy on the 20 clients you have, in the whole scheme of thing 20 clients is nothing, you have notified all of them of your current changes so let them  fall into place.
Thank you.

Just to clarify, I have, or did have(!) around 150 customers.  I'm now down to 130.  I have lost around 20 customers - not focussing on 20 customers!

I have reviewed all of my customers.  I hope that clarifies.

My drop off rate has been higher than everyone else I’ve seen do it. Part of that I put down to being more expensive that a lot of cleaners in my area, partly because most cleaners around me seem to offer 4 or 8 weekly and finally  as DavyG said,  I believe another issue is the fact I’d been doing them on an 8 weekly cleaning cycle for so long. 
Thanks - I'm still expecting to lose a few more as I continue working my way through my list!

Do you believe your changes are working better for you?

Thanks - I'm still expecting to lose a few more as I continue working my way through my list!

Do you believe your changes are working better for you?
Long term, without question. Having them all on a 6 weekly means I can keep them localised to each area more easily. That’s enabled me to do more jobs each day and free up other days for more work. The temporary downside is that with customers I’ve lost and some which have moved to a 12 weekly I’ve not gained a lot annually.

I’ve also been left with two days where the customers are all on the same few streets but all wanted to stick to 8 weekly so rather than take the hit on losing them all, I’ve kept them at 8 weekly. However, as I said, I’ve not lost money. I’ve been able to free up a lot of space and clean more on the days I do work, so net, it’s a  big win for me. 

Keep the view on the big picture for awhile until your books overflowing. 
Everything I'm doing is because I'm looking at the bigger picture.  Hence being prepared to lose customers now to ensure that in a year's time, things will be better.

Once the kids are back in school after half-term - I will turn my FB advert back on and hopefully generate some new leads again and start building up again on my new regime ?

Long term, without question. Having them all on a 6 weekly means I can keep them localised to each area more easily. That’s enabled me to do more jobs each day and free up other days for more work. The temporary downside is that with customers I’ve lost and some which have moved to a 12 weekly I’ve not gained a lot annually.

I’ve also been left with two days where the customers are all on the same few streets but all wanted to stick to 8 weekly so rather than take the hit on losing them all, I’ve kept them at 8 weekly. However, as I said, I’ve not lost money. I’ve been able to free up a lot of space and clean more on the days I do work, so net, it’s a  big win for me. 
Good man ? I have done similar and allowed just a handful to stay on 4-weekly.  I did warn them though that this may not work in the long-term but I will do my best to accommodate them whilst I can.  These were jobs that I did not want to lose because they are quite vocal in getting me referrals ? (Looking at the bigger picture again ?)

Good man ? I have done similar and allowed just a handful to stay on 4-weekly.  I did warn them though that this may not work in the long-term but I will do my best to accommodate them whilst I can.  These were jobs that I did not want to lose because they are quite vocal in getting me referrals ? (Looking at the bigger picture again ?)
I agree. You’d have been stupid to lose customers like that. They’re rare gems. I have one customer that was a walk up get me most the customers on her street as the years have went on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What bit of the advice did you like, was it the pull your finger out and get some more customers as only having 20 customers in a year is pathetic ?
Well, to be honest, none of it was useful as his advice was based on the "20" customers...?

But it was jolly decent of him to try and help ?

Latest Posts

Back