Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SkyVac Atom - is it too good to be true?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Would a newbie be better of with the grippatank,more expensive yes ,but not as much as skyvac industrial?
Depends on your budget and how much work you have on. You can buy far cheaper vacs than either of the 2 named, convert to a side entry and buy some decent poles. You'll be up and running with a decent bit of kit for sub £1k. I've got a Sky Vac industrial and it's a decent vac, what's best about it though is the poles.

Elite? Could you please recommend  poles for a sub £1k kit?
I've got the Elite, what I'm trying to say is buy some decent poles rather than blowing your budget on a named vac. A lot of the vacs are much of a muchness, I've still got a Kiam 3600 watt vac and don't think there's much difference to that and the Sky Vac Industrial, after I converted it to a side entry.  

I had a nice gutter job today or so I thought. Going along the cast iron gutter with my vac and couldn't help thinking something wasn't right. At one point I had to go up the ladder and bolt a joint together again. That's when I noticed an aerial cable lying in the full length of the gutter. Never understood why folk do such a thing. 

I had a nice gutter job today or so I thought. Going along the cast iron gutter with my vac and couldn't help thinking something wasn't right. At one point I had to go up the ladder and bolt a joint together again. That's when I noticed an aerial cable lying in the full length of the gutter. Never understood why folk do such a thing. 
Cosmetic reasons, their customer wouldn't like to see it hanging down so rather than fasten it out of sight along the back edge of the gutter they run it along the gutter. We had 4 separate cables in one gutter in Gosport, that was a nightmare. 

Part timer,i don't have a machine yet,and would consider doing a side entry but the lift on the sky vac industrial is impressive,i cant afford one though.My research is the lift of the atom is 110" the Grippa max102"unsure about the lift of the cheaper vacs that benefit from side entry.

Part timer,i don't have a machine yet,and would consider doing a side entry but the lift on the sky vac industrial is impressive,i cant afford one though.My research is the lift of the atom is 110" the Grippa max102"unsure about the lift of the cheaper vacs that benefit from side entry.
I would buy a Kiam and convert it to a side entry. Probably cost you circa £500 including side entry conversion 

I would buy a Kiam and convert it to a side entry. Probably cost you circa £500 including side entry conversion 

Yes, buy a Maxblast for £200 and convert it to a side entry for a ton from Spinaclean. Doing a big gutter clear on Monday and the woman wants me to full the gutters with that hedgehog thing. I told her they were **** but didn't have the answer why? Is it to do with blocking up the gutter with debris? Thanks

I clear a customers gutters.They get totally full of dry leaves,the trees over hang you see.I told him about the hedge hog,he didn't like the initial cost.Prices have come down now,and iam shure it would stop the leaves,making real economic sense for him.Dont fit them where there not necessary,only where theres a real problem with leaf fall!

Ok buy a kiam or maxi .Its going to have a bigger capacity,but maybe if youre only doing semis etc, you don't need so much.Or is it about air flow,userbility and longjevity?You seem to be satisfied with yours.Earlier on in this subject,some one said u might struggle with turves and an Atom but if its got a slightly bigger lift than a Grippa,how can this be?Are the poles smaller on the Atom,diameter wise?

My Vac can lift turfs of grass and my poles are 50mm carbon fiber. Not had any problem yet but its paid for itself. I personally think the Industrial Vac is overpriced but if you use it every week then its a must. Problem with our job is the consistency that's why many folk concentrate on windows.

Yes, buy a Maxblast for £200 and convert it to a side entry for a ton from Spinaclean. Doing a big gutter clear on Monday and the woman wants me to full the gutters with that hedgehog thing. I told her they were **** but didn't have the answer why? Is it to do with blocking up the gutter with debris? Thanks

Gutter hedghogs get coverd in leaves and other debris then seedsget on them and the whole lot grows like a6 feet long piece of turf , you can  hook them out of the gutter with a gutter hook but it makes a hell of a mess down the walls of the house , it’s far easier to vac out the gutters once a year or every couple of years , we have removed literally hundreds of meters of the stuff over the years 

Time it takes to get your money back. Buy a £20 squeegee and two jobs you will have your money back. I bought a £4k power washer and attachments and 8 months later I have only had half my money back. Bought a Maxblast and attachments which cost a grand but got my money back in 3 months. It all comes down to rate of return if I had bought a Spinaclean Industrial and attachments then I would be only half way there. Your first couple of years in this career all comes down to spending money on equipment. I have only been in this game for two years but now its all downhill because I have bought everything I need. I must have spent over a grand now on my website alone. Then there's the van and signage on the van, near two grand on that. In the end it all comes together and word of mouth takes precedence that's what I am noticing. I don't intend to over extend myself by taking too much work on and I'm not cheap anymore.

Time it takes to get your money back. Buy a £20 squeegee and two jobs you will have your money back. I bought a £4k power washer and attachments and 8 months later I have only had half my money back. Bought a Maxblast and attachments which cost a grand but got my money back in 3 months. It all comes down to rate of return if I had bought a Spinaclean Industrial and attachments then I would be only half way there. Your first couple of years in this career all comes down to spending money on equipment. I have only been in this game for two years but now its all downhill because I have bought everything I need. I must have spent over a grand now on my website alone. Then there's the van and signage on the van, near two grand on that. In the end it all comes together and word of mouth takes precedence that's what I am noticing. I don't intend to over extend myself by taking too much work on and I'm not cheap anymore.
As I said to you before its all relative, I paid £4k in October and by January I was in profit. 

Yes I see now Scotish Cleaning services. Gutter cleanings not the same as regular window cleaning work.That said,this wk end I bought my first gutter vac.Two yrs old only used about 10 times, 80Ltr grippa vac with their recordable camara,£1000.Can any one tell me though what poles I have please.They say grippa max high level cleaning equipment on them, near the clamps.and are 70"" long,2" wide,there are five of them,carbon fibre.Theres no step in the female end they seem in great shape, one or two little scratches.Ive had two order two newclamps for the camera and moniter  so I haven't had a go yet.There was also another good deal on ebay, 1 yr old atom, 6 poles and extension pole, bag no camera. Cost£750 went for £300.In retrospect I think I would have been better of with that, As this is quite cumbersome ,and as a window cleaner  idont do an awful lot of gutters. heyho

Yes I see now Scotish Cleaning services. Gutter cleanings not the same as regular window cleaning work.That said,this wk end I bought my first gutter vac.Two yrs old only used about 10 times, 80Ltr grippa vac with their recordable camara,£1000.Can any one tell me though what poles I have please.They say grippa max high level cleaning equipment on them, near the clamps.and are 70"" long,2" wide,there are five of them,carbon fibre.Theres no step in the female end they seem in great shape, one or two little scratches.Ive had two order two newclamps for the camera and moniter  so I haven't had a go yet.There was also another good deal on ebay, 1 yr old atom, 6 poles and extension pole, bag no camera. Cost£750 went for £300.In retrospect I think I would have been better of with that, As this is quite cumbersome ,and as a window cleaner  idont do an awful lot of gutters. heyho

To be fair that  sounds a good price I have a 40 ltr Grippatank vac as I wanted a smaller one for taking into property’s and doing shop fronts instead of having to use the big one and genie , the vac alone is around £900 so I think with the carbon poles you have got a bit of a bargained they are a good vac mine gets a lot if use and I haven’t found anything it won’t remove up to 50 feet 

Latest Posts

Back