Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SMASHING IT!!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I look after my own vans and abuse the lease van if that makes sense ?
I really don't get why people abuse lease vehicles, you are paying for it so look after it, my first and last lease motor I looked after it like it was my own and when I handed it back it was in forecourt condition and could have been sold the following day without the lease company needing to do anything at all, I know a few people who are going to be in for a real shock when they hand there cars back with trashed alloys and paintwork 

I really don't get why people abuse lease vehicles, you are paying for it so look after it, my first and last lease motor I looked after it like it was my own and when I handed it back it was in forecourt condition and could have been sold the following day without the lease company needing to do anything at all, I know a few people who are going to be in for a real shock when they hand there cars back with trashed alloys and paintwork 
Iron giant my current lease vehicle is now 3 years old , and its in very good condition for its age.

I got rid of another lease vehicle 3 months ago , the man who checked it out was my neighbour who i known for a long time l, he was with another man and they inspected the van at all angles , i told them to look after me and had a good banter as we were walking around the van and that they only charged me £80.00 in total which i was very happy with.

I have heard people getting charged £1000 + plus when there lease deal comes to and end ! Thats shocking.

Iron giant my current lease vehicle is now 3 years old , and its in very good condition for its age.

I got rid of another lease vehicle 3 months ago , the man who checked it out was my neighbour who i known for a long time l, he was with another man and they inspected the van at all angles , i told them to look after me and had a good banter as we were walking around the van and that they only charged me £80.00 in total which i was very happy with.

I have heard people getting charged £1000 + plus when there lease deal comes to and end ! Thats shocking.

Good to hear, I don't think it's shocking to be charged over £1,000 if they haven't looked after the motor one of my clients has totally trashed the alloys on her lease car no doubt she will be in for a shock, sales people tell you one thing to make the sale and tell you not to worry about damage but the booklet and T&C's are a different story as you will no doubt know. 

I see, the last thing she wants to be worried about though is her alloys. as long as the car body does not have any dings or dents then she should be fine, You can get alloys repaired via mobile smart repair technicians which costs as little as £30/40.

And yeah i agree sales people do not have a clue and are only interested in making a sale lol

Yeah, and the next owner will be buying it second hand. Why would we not want to look after a vehicle so it's a good one for the next owner? I bought a second hand Vito about three years ago which had been previously owned as a fleet vehicle by Cannon Hygiene. I saw it advertised privately and it was in good condition bodywise (down to a decent fleet van driver, I guess) and not too pricy. I took a chance, and I had to have a reconditioned gearbox fitted after a short while. In spite of that, it's the best van I've ever owned by far and I felt it was a bargain at the time though I don't remember the price. 

Why not try and pass on a vehicle to the next owner in the same condition we'd like to receive it if it were us? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back