Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

soffit and fascia cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I tried that idea today but on a conny roof. Worked a treat and saved a considerable amount of time so cheers for that.
You can fill backpack with hot water and add a drop of degreaser and spray a few sections. Scrub and clean one section and spray another section means you will let it dwell for 10mins. I thought I would be smart and spray whole roof and then scrub and clean but found half had dried out by the time I got round to it. Not smart!

Lads like you who are used to doing jobs indoors are way too soft you'll have to toughen up for the rough winters we get these days when it drops to -3c :ROFLMAO:

It's only ever been that cold once which was 2009-10 when it dropped to -17c but back then I was using a trolley and still managed to get out some days when it warmed up trudging through 2ft of snow.

I remember that winter, I was working for someone at the time and in the summer when it was hot he'd say its 27 degrees pointing at the van thermometer. I went out to where we got picked up and said I'm not going out it's minus 16 ffs. He said that doesn't work lol.

You can fill backpack with hot water and add a drop of degreaser and spray a few sections. Scrub and clean one section and spray another section means you will let it dwell for 10mins. I thought I would be smart and spray whole roof and then scrub and clean but found half had dried out by the time I got round to it. Not smart!
I did think about that actually. Might give it a try next time.

Hot water helps with the yellow bee spots that I get on glass and frames at this time of year...some of my work is covered in it!??
My hot water becomes very hot in this weather and can turn it off in the afternoon. Usually flood the marked area with hot pure and then move on to the next window. After I have done a few I will go back and it comes away in seconds, saves one scrubbing away and wearing out the brush.

Back