Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwash course

WCF

Help Support WCF:

£400 is peanuts for a softwash course. I spend £5k on a future trading course for two weeks. It was the best 5 grand I have every spent. I know exactly how the stockmarket and derivatives work now. Pjj and I couldn't care less if you go on the softwashing course or not, all we are doing is recommending the course to anyone wanting to gain knowledge on the subject. fwiw
Is it because it cost 5 Grand ?

Is it because it cost 5 Grand ?

See when I hear of all these footballers, celebrities losing tens of thousands or even millions on so called investments, it hurts. See if they had spent some money on an investment course it would save them all the heartache. As Warren Buffet said, wall street is the only place where clients drive up in their rolls royce to seek advice from folk who travel on the tube to wall street. Its full of sharks but they will wine an dine and even dazzle you with passed facts. The only fact is, they are after your hard earned money so they can bump you for commission every month. Alan Sugar talks about it in his book, I think he got bumped for £250k. Thats why to this day I still believe it was the best 5 grand I have ever spent.

£400 is peanuts for a softwash course. I spend £5k on a future trading course for two weeks. It was the best 5 grand I have every spent. I know exactly how the stockmarket and derivatives work now. Pjj and I couldn't care less if you go on the softwashing course or not, all we are doing is recommending the course to anyone wanting to gain knowledge on the subject. fwiw
Scottish Cleaning Service..Window Cleaning is alot more different to Stockmarket.

Again,all to say - One of my youngest brothers studied for between 5 & 7 years to understand "How to invest".He provides "calculated risks" for the likes of : M&S Marc Bolland ceo,BP ceo Tony Hayward - All that took,research,time & money.

Me dad,retired very early ( MD - his company) - he was an IDB (inter dealer broker) - again...very involved.I wish you SCC the best of luck with trading,i really do.

If it was that easy to spend £5k for two weeks,theyrd be a few people doing it & even more indebt.The markets ever changing.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats purple rhinos website also does it show brick wall cleaning on the course? Thanks
Allo Spit & Polish...ive tried too read your question.However,the first part is a bit sporadic,doesnt quite make sense.

If you re read then amend it,others'll be able too understand,then answer for you.

Cheers

Will.

hello Pane,

1. what is Purple rhino's website address please?

2. does the course show you how to clean brick walls, if you know it's course content.

thank you

hello Pane,

2. does the course show you how to clean brick walls, if you know it's course content.

thank you

Just google purple rhino cleaning it will come up .

The course is classroom stuff in the mornings learning what to do how to do it etc you have a folder that you have to fill in certain bits as the lessons are done it’s not death by power point I found it very relaxed and lively course I do teaching in various subjects part time and get board very easily in the classroom but didn’t in this case ,then in the afternoons you go out and actually have a go at softwashing  there is no pressure to have a go and if you would rather watch others that’s fine , the cou

rse is very good I have been softwashing for many years and didn’t think I would learn anything, but it’s very good and I learned a lot , it’s good value for money especially if you are just starting out doing it ,there is no hard sell , and I must add I have no affiliation to Darran or his company 

practically when I was there we cleaned a red concrete tiled roof ,a thermoclad  industrial unit , brick walls ,painted render , and concrete paving slabs and a concrete path .  

hello Pane,

thank you
Cheers Spit & Polish?.

To be fair mate,you can look up Purple Rhino via Google,then research Course Content as you wish that way.

The best of luck too you fella

Cheers

Pane.

Sounds like a solid business plan... dress up a days work as a course and get people to pay to do the work for you!!! ?

*not done the course and am actually debating it but thought it was funny

Last year I attended Michael Conway's Softwash course and receive a City & Guilds certificate and caused a lot of upset on the forum. It was £500 and lasted two full days and I think it was very worth while because I knew nothing about Softwashing. Not sure if he still does the course.

https://www.softwashsolutions.co.uk/become-a-trained-applicator/

Michael told us on the course that SEPA would soon be self funded and it was rubbished on the forum. Yesterday my mechanic told me that SEPA is going to be self funded because he had to call them regarding waste oil. Many people slated Michael Conway but i believed every word he told us because he would have no reason to lie. Best £500 i have ever spent on training and very glad i had the chance to attend his course. ?

Last year I attended Michael Conway's Softwash course and receive a City & Guilds certificate and caused a lot of upset on the forum. It was £500 and lasted two full days and I think it was very worth while because I knew nothing about Softwashing. Not sure if he still does the course.

https://www.softwashsolutions.co.uk/become-a-trained-applicator/

Michael told us on the course that SEPA would soon be self funded and it was rubbished on the forum. Yesterday my mechanic told me that SEPA is going to be self funded because he had to call them regarding waste oil. Many people slated Michael Conway but i believed every word he told us because he would have no reason to lie. Best £500 i have ever spent on training and very glad i had the chance to attend his course. ?

I think you need to add that his softwashing course is for biocide products not sodium hypochlorite as some may not realise the difference. 

Ive no idea of the difference,however,,enjoy learning.
  There is two types of softwashing one is using a biocide that is a bit like a weed killer , the other is using sodium hypochlorite ( bleach ) this kills organic and bacterial growth very quickly within muinits and you pretty much get an instant clean , biocides  take a lot longer weeks evan months to achieve a clean , from personal experience bio products don’t give the results a paying customer wants ,they want to go out in the morning with a dirty house and come home at night and it look like new hypo gives you that bio doesn’t , we offer both services and 99:9% opt for the hypo clean , do some research on line about both products but don’t believe everything you see and read there is a lot of miss information out there , Mr Conway hates hypo with a passion and slaggs off anyone who uses it with all types of hype and miss information ,the truth is there is a place for both items in the cleaning industry it’s knowing which one to use for any given job , there is no one product that’s sutable for everything .

Has anyone went on the soft-wash course offered by the British window cleaning academy? I had a look on the website but it seems sparse on details and I’m assuming it’s a day course which seems short compared to all the overs I’ve looked at. 

Has anyone went on the soft wash course offered by the British window cleaning academy? I had a look on the website but it seems sparse on details and I’m assuming it’s a day course which seems short compared to all the overs I’ve looked at. 

I would advise anyone to go on a softwash course its invaluable. I have a City and Guilds certificate when I attended Michael Conway's course. Will probably put the city and guilds logo on my van when my work dries up.

There is two types of softwashing one is using a biocide that is a bit like a weed killer , the other is using sodium hypochlorite ( bleach ) this kills organic and bacterial growth very quickly within muinits and you pretty much get an instant clean , biocides  take a lot longer weeks evan months to achieve a clean , from personal experience bio products don’t give the results a paying customer wants ,they want to go out in the morning with a dirty house and come home at night and it look like new hypo gives you that bio doesn’t , we offer both services and 99:9% opt for the hypo clean , do some research on line about both products but don’t believe everything you see and read there is a lot of miss information out there , Mr Conway hates hypo with a passion and slaggs off anyone who uses it with all types of hype and miss information ,the truth is there is a place for both items in the cleaning industry it’s knowing which one to use for any given job , there is no one product that’s sutable for everything .
sorry paul but, I have to correct you, sodium hypochlorite is a biocide as is bac 50 and ddac google it if you like, just they all work differently,and all three chemicals need different approaches to make them work to their optimum, with regards to michael hating hypo with a passion its simply not true well, yes it is in relation to hypo but not benz's products, micheal was the one who urged ben to make all his benz products fully compliable with hse (ben used to work for Michael)and micheal was a business partner with francois, (algoclear) so theres a lot of politics I guess beneath all this, Michael when he was in better health would always promote benz lightening cleanze as a final touch up to areas where his biocide hadn't cleaned to 100% as the benz is a whole lot more than just hypo alone.

sorry paul but, I have to correct you, sodium hypochlorite is a biocide as is bac 50 and ddac google it if you like, just they all work differently,and all three chemicals need different approaches to make them work to their optimum, with regards to michael hating hypo with a passion its simply not true well, yes it is in relation to hypo but not benz's products, micheal was the one who urged ben to make all his benz products fully compliable with hse (ben used to work for Michael)and micheal was a business partner with francois, (algoclear) so theres a lot of politics I guess beneath all this, Michael when he was in better health would always promote benz lightening cleanze as a final touch up to areas where his biocide hadn't cleaned to 100% as the benz is a whole lot more than just hypo alone.

Michael didn't like to mention hypo but he spoke a lot about Blackwash, I believe its the same thing.

I never thought of hypo as a biocide but I understand what you are saying , I have to say I know several people that have been on his courses and he was very anti any use of hypo , saying it was a dangerous product and shouldn’t be used for building cleaning only biocides should be used he tried to demonise anyone using hypo , I am fully aware of his association with Benz and that was he always promoted there products , he would never admit the problems with many biocides that of causing respiratory problems in humans and sore throats including severe chest issues after inhaling the mist/fumes , he always promoted theses products as safe as water and they arnt , the way all the products work is different and you are much more informed than me about that ,but the industry in general accepts that using sodium hypochlorite based products is totaly different  to using such things as algo clear pro type of product ,hypo gives instant results ,bio products take days weeks or months to work and generally don’t give the same standard of clean from my experience , I know you like them but I have tried most brands over the years and have yet to have a happy customer using them , the number of jobs I have done with Benz , and algo clear pro stuff I have ended up having to hypo it to get the results , hypo costs me £12 for 20 ltr and algo clear pro costs £135-150 for 10 ltr , so evan from a cost point of view it’s a no brainier , I still think it does have its uses but for general cleaning like the pictures below it won’t provide the finish this property took around 4 hours to do no bio product will do that .

434E312F-06CB-4D26-B68D-6DEF90C26C1F.jpeg

0A329C97-EAB5-4882-9BA7-F84A6E318AAE.jpeg

ABBB8547-5AE0-40B1-86A0-7DC8F780E206.jpeg

CFA3D476-B733-40EB-9D4A-BE9CC351C9C2.jpeg

2DD9E91E-02EC-46BD-881F-C16FD0DD925A.jpeg

5B7C3269-9AFD-40A8-B2BD-36D8B262F2F2.jpeg

Michael didn't like to mention hypo but he spoke a lot about Blackwash, I believe its the same thing.
this is where the misconceptions begin, people on forums see this benz product and go wow I can buy a drum of hypo for less than 1litre of this stuff, that's the way window cleaners think, cheap as possible never the quality aspect.

the benz is more sodium hydroxide rather than hypochlorite and can add more scope to a job-add a dash of snow foam to the mix and it will stick a whole load better to a roof or vertical surface, hypo will just bleach things and kill organic growth whereas the benz will dissolve oils and fats plus proteins and more from a surface. its all horses for courses and each product has its place for the end user to choose

Hi guys,one & All.

My phone keeps going off with notifications,i got naturally curious!.

A very lengthy debate,with lots of politics & terminology thrown in.

Cant you just use TFR.Job done.

Cheers fellas.

Rhinoman said:
Cleaning any surface is the easy part - growing a business, now that's not so easy.

I'm the other way about, only started 2 years ago and I'm 7 days a week. I would say employing folk is the hard part because they can book sick. Softwashing is growing exponentially and will be for some time but it needs to be licensed. 

Back