Softwash set up

Discussion in 'Softwash' started by Crystal Windows, Aug 13, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Crystal Windows

I'm looking to make up a soft wash system I currently use a back pack sprayer and a wfp with fan jets to apply ubik then rinse with a hose.
    But would like to build a separate set up what sort of lance will work at low pressure to apply chemicals from a separate tank with a external pump, id like to be able start using hypo and biocides so don't really want to use them through my window pole any help would be great thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Advertisement
  2. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

Shud check out benz soft wash everything u need. And sell it in book for u ..

3. Crystal Windows

Would this set up be ok for soft washing mainly rinsing but the application of biocides would be done through this pump as well I have a lower volume pump for applying hypo but I'm after a separate set up for rinsing that's 12v do you think this would be any good

4. Crystal Windows

5. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

@CrystalWindows I have also been looking to change my softwash set-up. I haven't made the new pump box yet (I'm still using my old one) but I have been looking at this pump:
    Everflo 12 Volt 11.4 Ltrs Min 60 Psi Pump

It looks like I can still control it with a standard WFP flow controller (they max out at 10A). It also states Santoprene Diaphragms and Viton Valves so Chem safe. Whereas the one you mention says that it is for fresh or salt water wash down, so probably not chemical safe. The Everflo pump may have less LPM but it does have a greater pressure which may help when trying to get a bit more distance and I guess better for using pressure washer nozzle jets, which I will be using.

Just my thoughts at present...

6. Gray1

Gray1 Newcomer

Hi has anyone tried the Chinese pumps? Around £15 for a chemical safe 12v 11ltr per min at 150 psi. With pressure switch. I thought about trying one for a bungalow with about 45 fence panels. I've got some spare water fed poles and some stainless fittings and numerous pressure washer nozzles. I might try just to figure out what nozzle, how much pressure and how much lpm flow.

7. peter rogers

the shurflow pumps work great why chamnge them

8. Gray1

Gray1 Newcomer

Pete I've got a Shurflow in my X-Line trolley but thought about building a separate system for 'Other' washing. Those Chinese pumps have a pressure switch built in so they're just stop and go, nothing to regulate just the flow through the nozzle. I'll se what I can knock up in the next week or so.

9. peter rogers

Mate uel eat they the hypo mix fast. I use mine at 50. And it's loads

10. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

For that price it's not a risk go for it
    Just give it a good long rinse after
    11lpm is decent for a 12v pump
    You may need flow control too

Advertisement