Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panel cleaning and wind.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ok well not sure about solar panel cleaning then..............

I take my statement back then....

It was for general cleaning wfp or ladder work should not be done for wind speeds more then 25mph as this was stated at impact 43.

Some cleaners go on roofs(not residential) like big buildings were its safe to walk on roof....

So device is good for both situations!

----------------------------------------

For solar panels cant you pop your head out of top window? Panels arnt that much higher then that!?

I know what you mean G and yes you might get a better reading with a handheld by doing that if you happen to have access to the inside of the property.

Good thinking batman :Image9:

Ok well not sure about solar panel cleaning then..............

I take my statement back then....

It was for general cleaning wfp or ladder work should not be done for wind speeds more then 25mph as this was stated at impact 43.

Some cleaners go on roofs(not residential) like big buildings were its safe to walk on roof....

So device is good for both situations!

----------------------------------------

For solar panels cant you pop your head out of top window? Panels arnt that much higher then that!?

Just popped the pole up to around 30ft.

It had a small piece of barrier tape on it.

The wind is not strong but it was blowing the tape to one side.

My confidence is zero now lol.

I'm sure Damo with all your wfp experience you should know when it's safe or not to try using a long pole.

Just maybe it has made the wind issue worse by using an extreme pole

What do you thinks?

Maybe it has I don't know tbh.

Solar panel cleaning is totally different tho to normal WFP work as you deffo have more control on cleaning windows with a long pole.

Done one set today. Regular customer now for SP cleanig.

One thing I will say.

Solar panel cleaning is not as easy as everybody thinks!

I will upload the photos soon. Had to STAND inside someone's house to clean some of the panels lol

I might buy one. But tbh I think I know an issue as well.

Using fan jets and high flow rate. Causes the brush to float too much.

I turned the flow down and that helped a lot.

Done one set today. Regular customer now for SP cleanig. One thing I will say.

Solar panel cleaning is not as easy as everybody thinks!
HURRRRRAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!
Someone else has eventually said it! Nice one Damo! Made my day... :)

Problems i had was clearing the roof pitch and the bird poo on the top left panel. You cant stand to the side and attempt to clean the panels as you end up loosing the pole.

I havent got photos of the side panels. But i had to stand in her neighbours kitchen to get the right angle.

View attachment 1888

View attachment 1889

Back