Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Speeding Up!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

buzzing

I am starting to get used this window cleaning malarkey, but I am too slow. Takes me 1hr 15 mins to do a bungalow for £10. The owners said the previous guy did it in 30-45 mins (so half the time). When cleaning is it best to put on soap with applicator for say four windows at same time then squeegee four windows one after the other then detail four windows? Rather than use applicator on one window then squeegee one window then detail? Isn't the first way quicker? But does the soap dry out if not squeegeed straight away?

Sounds like your putting a lot of pressure on yourself to speed up work the area in front of you wether it's one window or four stay within your arms reach organised your tools to hand via belt / bucket which ever is best for you get it right and the speed will come the more you concentrate on the speed the slower it will seem as your brain will out function your hands under the self pressure

As above, just make sure ya tools are handy, helps if you don't have to actually look down to get em by which I mean it's like touch typing if you know where it is and its easy to get at you shouldn't need to look you just grab it. (I know what I mean lol).

Just get on with the job at hand, we've all worried about speed at first but before ya know it mate ya just get faster without noticing it.

When i first srarted my very first job was 6 £5 oap bungalows so £30 of work and it took me 2 1/2 bloody hours, now the same job takes me 35 mins, you,ll find u get quicker each month mate,as above keep all your tools close and work a method out that suits u best.

And remember Rome wasnt built in a day!

and if it was....................

they must have been cowboys! lol

It's a joy to watch a trad bloke working when he/she gets to the right stage watched a guy the other day while doing some paperwork driving rain not a sole about then up turns the windy nice amble up to first house ladders spot on first attempt no looking up could tell he'd weighed up his next few on the approach nodding away to his head phones wistleing a smile on his face 5 terraces done in under the hour and didn't even look like he tried frames cills leaded windows on two even wiped down the doors saw him go round back and reappear that when I considered he had done the 5

Don't worry about speed that will come naturally.

I had the same with WFP.

Worry about price and service.

I do quite a lot of bungalows. Some I can reach everything without a ladder.. So I would soap up a few windows, blade them all, then go back and scrim.. If its a hot day you will only get 1 window tho.. Or sometimes I'll mop with left, blade with right, do them all, then go back and scrim. What soap are you using? I find ecover soap stays soapy far longer on the glass than fairy..

Like everything, it will take time.. After a few months you will learn what's best way to do each house, find the easiest quickest ways etc.. Not every single window needs the same technique..

Like the 6incher.. I would only use that on small fan lights, or French doors, or sometimes if I can't be bothered with that I'd just scrum it all.. I now use a 12incher all the time, if I cant fan, I'll just straight pull it and wipe blade first..

Practising on your own would be good, although as I said not every window will be the same..

Keep at it

also dont forget the lad you watched could'of been a doloper and not done a right job, but as for his putting his ladders you find you old holes or scratch marks on the path. start using your left hand too to save moving your ladders to to larger windows. and everything the others are saying but do a right job 1st and foremost

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT7Fw5rJ6bU),

Just thought id post this video to show u how u can speed up buzzing, when i first started these 2 windows took me 4/5 mins on this vid think they both take me 55 secs (took me nearly as long to set the bloody camera up! lol)

So dont worry you,ll get there bud

One other thing you can do, is to put your applicator in your belt bucket the wrong way round, so that you can pick them both up at the same time, that is app in one hand, blade in t'other - wash and wipe!! wetting the window all depends on the weather, and I find that to wet two or three in front gives the soap more time to penetrate the dirt.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT7Fw5rJ6bU)' date=' Just thought id post this video to show u how u can speed up buzzing, when i first started these 2 windows took me 4/5 mins on this vid think they both take me 55 secs (took me nearly as long to set the bloody camera up! lol) So dont worry you,ll get there bud[/quote']Might be quick, but he's not doing them properly. There's quick, and there's quick.

Might be quick, but he's not doing them properly. There's quick, and there's quick.
lol was only doin it that quick for youtube purposes,dont think id keep 220 customers happy if i ddnt clean there windows properly aye mate!

Might be quick, but he's not doing them properly. There's quick, and there's quick.
And hows that not properly then? everythings detailed, cills wiped, frame was clean, no streaks,smears etc

So aint sure what u mean buddy?

tbh there wasnt much detailing to do as dont have my applicator soaking wet, each to his own i guess but i would never leave a window not properly clean, anyway dont wanna argue about it just posted it so buzzing can av a butchers really :)

Was that you????

lol

I can just do as fast as that!

Detailing is a pain though! Especially when the window has big rubber gaskets on them!

Was that you????

lol

I can just do as fast as that!

Detailing is a pain though! Especially when the window has big rubber gaskets on them!
Yeah that were me g lol, had to do it quick was bloody freezing that day! and yeah detailing can be a pain in the **** thats why i hardly have my mop wet bud

Back