Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Split relay for caddy maxi

WCF

Help Support WCF:

gladtay

Hi , I have a 2014 caddy maxi and looking to buy a split relay for battery looking for some advice on what to buy as so many about, any suggestions for that type of vehicle

Many thanks

As far as I am aware a 2014 caddy will not have a smart alternator so it's just a basic split charge relay you need. Be aware that it's miles you need to do to top up a battery and bench charging is still probably necessary on a fairy frequent basis.

Something like this Durite split charge relay kit That will give you all you need including fuses to put close to both battery terminals. You might need to get a few grommets to protect the cable where it passes through metal and a crimp tool or a decent size soldering iron.

If you don't know what you are doing then get someone who does as getting 12v wrong can result in a fire!!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi , I have a 2014 caddy maxi and looking to buy a split relay for battery looking for some advice on what to buy as so many about, any suggestions for that type of vehicle

Many thanks
I go with @ched999uk suggestion. If you buy this kit then you will also need to have the correct crimping tool.

I bought this one a while back now. 16 Ton 11 Dies Hydraulic Crimper Wire Battery Cable Lug Terminal Crimping Tool | eBay

A 110 amp battery cable is 16mm2.

You can also buy a scr set which have the cables made up. Be careful if you go down this route. If the length of cable is 4 meters for example, you will probably get a full 3 meter length as the 4th will be composed of the short cable from the starter battery to the first fuse block, the second short piece will be from the split charge relay to the second fuse block and the third piece from that fuse block to the leisure battery. That 3 meter run might not be long enough.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back