Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spring is here!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's in some of the hot countries already and doing quite a bit of harm as far as I know. This could unfold any way. Might not be too bad but might be dreadful.
No it's mainly in the northern hemisphere where we're all at the end of winter now.  China, Iran, South Korea, Italy all have max temps of around 13c at the moment and they're the worst hit but that's now, when it all started it would have been colder.  In the southern hemisphere it's not spreading at the moment, when it gets to August then it will start to spread as it's their winter.

It's interesting reading up about viruses.  There was a lot of hysteria when we had swine flu in 2009.  In actual fact there were 30,000 less deaths in USA than normal in that year as it wasn't as bad as other strains of flu. 

I think it will all blow over, just hoping the economy doesn't get hit.  The airlines are being hit hard by it.  Exhibitions being cancelled, big events being cancelled.  Then you have businesses like soap manufactures that are currently doing a booming trade.  The supermarkets are running out of hand soaps.  Apparently private jets are experiencing a mega uplift in business.  Winners and losers.

It's 17,000 not 1,700 ? Coronavirus is a different strain which they likely don't fully understand as yet and with something like a new strain they have to be more cautious, also considering China's past you have to cautious, they said they are locking things down but each epidemic flu strain in the last two decades has come out of China, I am thinking something needs doing and all the other nations including ours should have been taking action long before now, they talk about the cold war with Russia, whats the crack with China 
17,000 makes my point more relevant.

17,000 makes my point more relevant.
I heard some weeks ago the figure was higher, but as said it's a new strain hence we are in the situation we are in with all the precautions and lock-downs isolation's etc, my wife is going ott about it were as myself I am not as bothered but I am using alcohol gel and disposable gloves across my working day and been a bit more cautious. 

We know a lass who works in a local supermarket and last year started wearing gloves all of the time, because she kept getting chest infections and being ill which was pin pointed down to handling money on the till, she said last year summer lasses were pulling money out of their bras and some people whilst sorting their money out would put a note in their mouth then hand it over to to pay ?

All my cutsys will be going on GoCardless or bacs, no cash money ?

With regards to the whole virus thing I think everyone’s got into a bit of an unnecessary panic and the fact that it’s all over the news and radio constantly worrying people isn’t helping the matter, However on a brighter note iv definitely noticed a rise in the amount of phone calls over the last couple of weeks so I’m not complaining on that front. ?

I heard some weeks ago the figure was higher, but as said it's a new strain hence we are in the situation we are in with all the precautions and lock-downs isolation's etc, my wife is going ott about it were as myself I am not as bothered but I am using alcohol gel and disposable gloves across my working day and been a bit more cautious. 

We know a lass who works in a local supermarket and last year started wearing gloves all of the time, because she kept getting chest infections and being ill which was pin pointed down to handling money on the till, she said last year summer lasses were pulling money out of their bras and some people whilst sorting their money out would put a note in their mouth then hand it over to to pay ?

All my cutsys will be going on GoCardless or bacs, no cash money ?
A customer told me yesterday that she visited the new Range store that had opened up and said the cashier on the till used spray gel after every customer.During the conversation I mentioned you never see Supermarkets cleaning the handles of their trolleys.

A customer told me yesterday that she visited the new Range store that had opened up and said the cashier on the till used spray gel after every customer.During the conversation I mentioned you never see Supermarkets cleaning the handles of their trolleys.
That's why I send my food shopping ? , my wife works in a residential home so is more aware about infection control and more cautious.

With regards to the whole virus thing I think everyone’s got into a bit of an unnecessary panic and the fact that it’s all over the news and radio constantly worrying people isn’t helping the matter, However on a brighter note iv definitely noticed a rise in the amount of phone calls over the last couple of weeks so I’m not complaining on that front. ?
The number of infected people in the UK rose from 90 to 125 within hours yesterday, so it's spreading and spreading further and will continue to do so, people are never really that clean in general people touching multiple items within a day and never washing or disinfecting their hands, sound's like us window cleaner's ?

I have been cleaning a commercial kitchen this week and using a hygiene steamer, it did cross my mind to contact schools , play cafes or virtually every business I could think of to offer them a deep clean and hygiene treatment. I personally think there could be a ton of money to be made from it and if the weather is not turning for the better might be my next couple of weeks work ! 

The number of infected people in the UK rose from 90 to 125 within hours yesterday, so it's spreading and spreading further and will continue to do so, people are never really that clean in general people touching multiple items within a day and never washing or disinfecting their hands, sound's like us window cleaner's ?
Exactly So its risen by 35 and even still now hasn’t even hit 200 cases  lol remember also it’s a new virus so to speak so it will spread quick at first, I’m no expert but fact is literally thousands of people die a year from the just the common flu and no1 bats an eye lid, probably because it’s not all over the news and papers every time some1 gets the flu, I just think the media are over doing it all and making it seem a lot worse than it needs to be, but on the plus side I bet a lot of people have stepped up their cleanliness which can only be a good thing ?

Exactly So its risen by 35 and even still now hasn’t even hit 200 cases  lol remember also it’s a new virus so to speak so it will spread quick at first, I’m no expert but fact is literally thousands of people die a year from the just the common flu and no1 bats an eye lid, probably because it’s not all over the news and papers every time some1 gets the flu, I just think the media are over doing it all and making it seem a lot worse than it needs to be, but on the plus side I bet a lot of people have stepped up their cleanliness which can only be a good thing ?
Spot on. Nobody even mentions swine flu anymore. 

Back