Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Squeegee and CleanerPlanner competitor

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nick Spicer

Hey guys, I am a software developer and just had my windows cleaned, then I wondered how the hell he manages all his clients and finds the best routes to take! That led me here and I can see Squeegee and CP are the main apps here. I'm fairly certain it can be done a lot better and cheaper after trying them out, if anyone is using these and willing to provide some feedback I would love to know if you love or hate using them. What you like about it if you do, and what you hate about it and wish would change? 

I would have thought the route planner would be a gamechanger but looks like most people just see it as a gimmick, are there any other "real" gamechangers, like maybe it creates you a website at the same time and pulls in leads automatically into your schedule?

Also if anyone is interested in have a proper chat about this over Zoom or in person pop me a message at [email protected]

Cheers,

Nick

You are not the first to think you can do better. For ideas use the search bar at the top and you will see numerous discussions on both products.

Good Luck. 

Hey guys, I am a software developer and just had my windows cleaned, then I wondered how the hell he manages all his clients and finds the best routes to take! That led me here and I can see Squeegee and CP are the main apps here. I'm fairly certain it can be done a lot better and cheaper after trying them out, if anyone is using these and willing to provide some feedback I would love to know if you love or hate using them. What you like about it if you do, and what you hate about it and wish would change? 

I would have thought the route planner would be a gamechanger but looks like most people just see it as a gimmick, are there any other "real" gamechangers, like maybe it creates you a website at the same time and pulls in leads automatically into your schedule?

Also if anyone is interested in have a proper chat about this over Zoom or in person pop me a message at [email protected]

Cheers,

Nick
Putting your email on a public forum, bring forth the spam bots, also the forum is for discussion and the best place to have a discussion about new ideas 

Thanks all, I'll look through all the forums and see if I can condense what most of the complaints around them both are and see if a competitor is likely to succeed.

However while I'm confident in my skills to make it, it usually a very bad idea to make something you can't experience day to day unless you want it to be an awful user experience - if anyone isn't happy with what they're using and wants to work with me on on it to trial it and give in depth feedback in exchange for equity if it takes off please give me a shout. ?

I'm happy with cleaner planner...its fantastic and does everything I need it to do with ease...
That really surprises me to be honest! I tried it out and the UI looks very dated, the customer form requires a lot of information to insert a new customer and it seems like you can't create jobs inside the mobile app or mark them as completed? At £29/month it seems quite steep I would love to know what features it has that you can't live without? 

For reference I think we could get to a £10/month price point that handles customers, job, invoices, payments, auto-emails and SMS, would that be something that would peak your interest into switching?

Cheers,

Nick 

That really surprises me to be honest! I tried it out and the UI looks very dated, the customer form requires a lot of information to insert a new customer and it seems like you can't create jobs inside the mobile app or mark them as completed? At £29/month it seems quite steep I would love to know what features it has that you can't live without? 

For reference I think we could get to a £10/month price point that handles customers, job, invoices, payments, auto-emails and SMS, would that be something that would peak your interest into switching?

Cheers,

Nick 
I have only been going for 6 months and use Squeegee. It is a bit clunky and 1 thing that is annoying is that, I believe this effects Squeegee and CP, you can't use your sim card's included sms - I think Android and IOS block 3rd party apps sending sms? I think they both offer paid for systems but customers can't reply to the sms!

One of the most important things to me is how it flows, i.e. when I finish a job, I mark it as done, and invoices are auto emailed. So just a couple of clicks to go back to next job but why does it need multiple clicks? Most windys want something that speeds up their day not takes up more time, but automating the completion of jobs using gps might be a bit iffy. 

Integration with GoCardless, Strip, is very handy, consolidation with bank account would be good but matching might be tricky?

Think about quoting, customer accepting a quote, adding new custy to system and booking them in.

It's all about speed and ease of use, added to reliability.

I have only been going for 6 months and use Squeegee. It is a bit clunky and 1 thing that is annoying is that, I believe this effects Squeegee and CP, you can't use your sim card's included sms - I think Android and IOS block 3rd party apps sending sms? I think they both offer paid for systems but customers can't reply to the sms!

One of the most important things to me is how it flows, i.e. when I finish a job, I mark it as done, and invoices are auto emailed. So just a couple of clicks to go back to next job but why does it need multiple clicks? Most windys want something that speeds up their day not takes up more time, but automating the completion of jobs using gps might be a bit iffy. 

Integration with GoCardless, Strip, is very handy, consolidation with bank account would be good but matching might be tricky?

Think about quoting, customer accepting a quote, adding new custy to system and booking them in.

It's all about speed and ease of use, added to reliability.
1. You use to be able to but it’s down to Apple & Google who have made this change, so no developer can get round it.

2. Customers can reply mate, you just need to set it up. They can either reply in app or I personally use my number as the number sent from so when they reply it still comes to me like normal. 

3. Again, you don’t need to do this. You can bulk select jobs as done or swipe right on a job to mark it as done. GPS completion wouldn’t work as if you have multiple jobs in a area you’ll end up getting jobs marked as done that haven’t been done, & vis versa. 

4. It’s my understanding that they are upgrading the quoting system so it will work like that. You input details, send a quote & they can then accept & it puts them as a customers. However at the moment if you create a quote and send it, it’s only one button once they accept to convert said quote into a job. 

Cheers,

Nick 
We aren't all on fiddle and cash in hand, we require all that information from a customer, full name, address, phone number and email, you're completely wrong about the app new jobs can be added, jobs marked done and payment added even if a custy is paying so many cleans in advance.

1. You use to be able to but it’s down to Apple & Google who have made this change, so no developer can get round it.

2. Customers can reply mate, you just need to set it up. They can either reply in app or I personally use my number as the number sent from so when they reply it still comes to me like normal. 

3. Again, you don’t need to do this. You can bulk select jobs as done or swipe right on a job to mark it as done. GPS completion wouldn’t work as if you have multiple jobs in a area you’ll end up getting jobs marked as done that haven’t been done, & vis versa. 

4. It’s my understanding that they are upgrading the quoting system so it will work like that. You input details, send a quote & they can then accept & it puts them as a customers. However at the moment if you create a quote and send it, it’s only one button once they accept to convert said quote into a job. 
I thought the sms was an operating system limit. Good to mention it though as you never know what changes ? 

I didn't realise customers can reply using your normal mobile number, is this in Squeegee? I was under the impression that if you buy sms through squeegee then they are sent from a central number and customers can't reply directly to the sms? Has that changed or did I just misunderstand?

GPS auto completion would be very tricky to get right and not to give false results.

Quoting system is better and is handy so you can keep a record in case the custy comes back and accepts.

I thought the sms was an operating system limit. Good to mention it though as you never know what changes ? 

I didn't realise customers can reply using your normal mobile number, is this in Squeegee? I was under the impression that if you buy sms through squeegee then they are sent from a central number and customers can't reply directly to the sms? Has that changed or did I just misunderstand?

GPS auto completion would be very tricky to get right and not to give false results.

Quoting system is better and is handy so you can keep a record in case the custy comes back and accepts.
Aye but you can choose what is shown as sender ID. You can put your company name if you want, but it means they won’t be able to reply. But if you put your own phone number then their phone will just view it as a normal sms from you & then when they reply it’ll be sent to your phone. If you want I can show you how I have mine set up but it’ll need to be DM as I don’t want to put my number up here ?

Alternatively you can get a number assigned by Squeegee (it’s a one off £10 cost). Then any reply they send gets kept within squeegee. It’s a good idea as it means it’s all kept in the same place (all communication with customers are under their file) but I was already set up using my mobile. ? 

Aye but you can choose what is shown as sender ID. You can put your company name if you want, but it means they won’t be able to reply. But if you put your own phone number then their phone will just view it as a normal sms from you & then when they reply it’ll be sent to your phone. If you want I can show you how I have mine set up but it’ll need to be DM as I don’t want to put my number up here ?

Alternatively you can get a number assigned by Squeegee (it’s a one off £10 cost). Then any reply they send gets kept within squeegee. It’s a good idea as it means it’s all kept in the same place (all communication with customers are under their file) but I was already set up using my mobile. ? 
That sounds better than I thought it was. I will have a look into it thanks. I assume that's on the Advanced plan, I'm using the Core at moment?

Cheers

Cheers,

Nick 
Of course you can create new jobs in the mobile app,it also saves the order it was inserted in your app worksheet...

Most things have already been thought off in regards to scheduling,worksheets,invoices,slips,statement of accounts,email invoicing,etc,etc...

Mine cost me £15 a month not £29...its effortless,super smooth and slick and has been a massive asset to my business in regards to admin....

Latest Posts

Back