Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Don't You Just Hate It When !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All Round Cleaning

Don't you just hate it when you totally underestimate a job and your working ya knackers off

For a stupid rate per hr ?

I know I do especially after today's efforts with a damn conservatory !

£50.00 for a conservatory clean and a window clean it took me 4 damn hrs it was terrible the guttering just would not come clean . Sprayed virisol all over it and it just would not budge in the end had to clean the gutters by hand ffs .

But still the customer seemed happy with the results .

Her window sills just would not come clean either they were proper ground in dirt giving she had lived there 8 yrs and never had them cleaned so. Told her in order for them to come up good they need pvcu restoring and that will cost her extra .

All in all I think she was happy but I was very disappointed in ow long the job took I will now remember to charge a lot more for Conny cleans .

Lesson learned !!!

I know i cleaned a conservatory roof gutters fascias soffits and windows and all down pipes on a 2 bed bungalow the other day for nothing took me 2 and half hours for £0.00 mind you it was mother inlaws

I hate that I done a conny job and FM did I under price it I didn't notice it had a glass roof that just wouldn't come clean I was there for hours, I just over price them now and if they want them done they pay the price, if they don't ah well I ain't sweating my nuts off for pennys

I have 3 more booked in for next month but different prices .

1 is only a small 1 say 6x6 for £60 with a window clean as well that's a £75 job

1 is another small one say 6x6 but it's mates rates so £50 but doing gutters and soffits as well that will be a £62.00 job

1 gutter soffits fascias and Conny roof clean £112.00 .

So it's swings and round about's really I know I've lost on this one but the others I will gain money and like you say Paul from

Now on I'm pricing them accordingly and if I don't get them then I'm not fussed as they are a pain in the rear .

Nothing worse than turning up to a job and taking donkeys for silly money. I was cleaning gutters yesterday on a bungalow, she gets them done every year. But I only charge her £20.. Had to disconnect and unblock 3 downspouts!! Took 2 of us about 45 mins! But job before that charged £35.. Larger semi with big extension, front was bad, 1 jump at the back to get a handful out of 1 end, extension was same at 1 end.. Done that in about 20mins..

There will be good jobs to make up for the crappy ones!

I had a great gutter job it had one stone blocking the down pipe, still charged £30 but gave him a free window clean as I felt bad lol

my minimum price for a conservatory now is £25.00

and if it takes me 4 hours to do ill charge 60 quid..

aslong as am earning 15 kwik per hour i wil be happy /emoticons/smile.png

my minimum price for a conservatory now is £25.00

and if it takes me 4 hours to do ill charge 60 quid..

aslong as am earning 15 kwik per hour i wil be happy /emoticons/smile.png
think my minimum is gonna be around 40 for a conny now .

yeah thats goot mate...

Cleanign a roof takes easy 1 hour... depends on how dirty it is... /emoticons/tongue.png

Nothing worse than turning up to a job and taking donkeys for silly money. I was cleaning gutters yesterday on a bungalow, she gets them done every year. But I only charge her £20.. Had to disconnect and unblock 3 downspouts!! Took 2 of us about 45 mins! But job before that charged £35.. Larger semi with big extension, front was bad, 1 jump at the back to get a handful out of 1 end, extension was same at 1 end.. Done that in about 20mins..

There will be good jobs to make up for the crappy ones!
Are you in partnerships with someone or do they work for you?

Latest Posts

Back