Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

steam cleaning walls

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

im looking at buying a hot box for my pressure washer so i can have the option of steam as well as soft washing now im curntly using a 15lpm 250bar pw would it be best so stick with 15lpm or is higher flow pw better was thinking about uping to 21lpm 200bar or shall i was 18lpm lol as @Pjj has said on other forum

im looking at buying a hot box for my pressure washer so i can have the option of steam as well as soft washing now im curntly using a 15lpm 250bar pw would it be best so stick with 15lpm or is higher flow pw better was thinking about uping to 21lpm 200bar or shall i was 18lpm lol as @Pjj has said on other forum
Have you realised that PW at Rutland have nearly doubled in price? Take a look at their website, pretty frightening.

Which brand you thinking of going for?

I heard that you're better off getting one for the flow rate of your machine.

i dident notist to be honist was looking at there hot box same as mazzoni but bit cheeper for a standerd 15lpm or 21lpm there not to bad but as soon as you step up 3k pluss

Which brand you thinking of going for?

I heard that you're better off getting one for the flow rate of your machine.
thats what im not shore about as im happy with 15lpm but to run fsc 21 better so i here but if 15lpm is best for render ill just stick with it and get the 15lpm hot box

What I was saying is that Honda uk told me that there 13 horse power unit won’t supply 21 ltr per muinit although some suppliers say it will , I have had them in the past and the best I could get was 18 ltr , if you are serious about pressure washing and can afford it go for the briggs and Stratton V twin it’s an awesome machine much better on fuel than the Honda and much quieter , produces much higher pressure at lower revs as well .

I've thought about going for a hotbox but having researched more and asked quite a few that already have one, I decided it wasn't worth the outlay. If one came up cheap I might go for it, but I really not sure it's worth the money and will be as effective as you might think.

I agree with Pjj. I have the B&S v twin and it's insane!

I've thought about going for a hotbox but having researched more and asked quite a few that already have one, I decided it wasn't worth the outlay. If one came up cheap I might go for it, but I really not sure it's worth the money and will be as effective as you might think.

I agree with Pjj. I have the B&S v twin and it's insane!
A hot pressure washer I don think is that much of an advantage unless removing chewing gum and graffiti , we have used a doff a few times in the past on national trust and English heritage places that’s low pressure high temperature on sandstone etc brings it up like new without damage surface but to buy they are around 6 k and we don’t get enough of that kind of work to make it worth getting one I borrowed one from a friend , but we haven’t been asked to do anything that needs it for several years , even normal pressure washing work is very few and far between lately we have 4 jobs booked in for April but that’s the first for the year and will be surprised if we do 20 jobs in total , softwashing now that’s a different matter all together we are inundated with work .

I'm going to try softwashing a few roofs rather than biocide to see what's best. I have noticed green algae below my panels so I'm going to softwash my roof first to see the difference.
Didn't you apply biocide to your roof a while ago? What brand did you use as it doesn't sound like it's very effective?

Maybe softwash half and biocide other half and see how it fares in 12 months?

Didn't you apply biocide to your roof a while ago? What brand did you use as it doesn't sound like it's very effective?

Maybe softwash half and biocide other half and see how it fares in 12 months?
I biocide my roof every year with Q Clear. It looks great but just noticed green algae right below the East facing solar panels the West is fine. The only difference is the East panels are near the bottom of the roof because of a large velux window where the West panels are at the top near the ridge. I think that's the reason or algae prefers the East side. Don't really need to spray roof each year but I do because it's my own.

Back